Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Bless their hearts. Poor Awbarn didn't know the REC controls Google. Guess what happened when Gus asked his phone, " How many games has Martin played in? "

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Other than a clerical error, I just don't see why the family would be upset about this. Asa was never a 5 year player anyway, and with the AU depth at RB, he wasn't going to get many more carries than he did this year.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Other than a clerical error, I just don't see why the family would be upset about this. Asa was never a 5 year player anyway, and with the AU depth at RB, he wasn't going to get many more carries than he did this year.
You never know what the future brings.........as a parent, AU burning a red shirt takes options off the table for your child. And if it really happened the way it's reported, it was avoidable and was a sloppy mistake. I would be ticked off were it my child.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Man al.com is late to the party. This had been a topic on our boards for ages.
My son told me about the Martin redshirt gaff weeks ago. Like Dub says, it has been discussed for weeks on most of the Barn boards.

Top notch reporting here by al.com.

Interesting that Kendall Briles is interviewing at Tennessee. His name has also come up in the Auburn OC discussions.

So the $49 million dollar question: Will the PTB give Gus the latitude to hire a OC that can possibly “make a difference” or will they hamstring him with a mid level OC hire in hopes that next season goes belly up like a roadside armadillo and force his hand?

I’m thinking more of the latter at this point.

Last edited:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
And who is that helping? Anyone? Going public with this was a mistake. If he stays at Auburn, this hurts Asa, and it hurts his school.
Sounds like we'll have to agree to disagree.........IMO, I don't see how it hurts ASA more than the mistake itself. And AU should be accountable for the mistake.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.