Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
lots of meltdown going on Facebook. A lot of my Auburn friends are calling for Gus to be fired immediately.

The message boards as well. Now wanting to fire Gus and go after Clay Helton at USC because he is "an Auburn Man."

Yep..so much an "Auburn Man" that he transferred to Houston after two years.:p on TideFans.com

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I saw an Auburn fan wearing a "got a second" shirt today...and the shirt looked brand new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably has a Punt Bama Punt in his wardrobe also. If flukes are all you got.....

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
One of their fans pointed out that it was Gus holding the play card, not the supposed OC. I didn't notice...
The Montgomery Auburnator, err Advertiser, has a picture of Gus holding the laminated play card. The more things change...

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Funny part is how many of them are claiming they are better than Clemson and they only lost because of coaching. Dont get me wrong, Gus is horrible. But Clemson's play calling was almost as bad and let the barn hang around in the second half. Their D is good. Their offense is very bad.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
One of their fans pointed out that it was Gus holding the play card, not the supposed OC. I didn't notice...
The Montgomery Auburnator, err Advertiser, has a picture of Gus holding the laminated play card. The more things change...
Malzahn was shown on TV holding the play sheet. I imagine he is still calling plays, much to the team's detriment. I honestly think Sean White would have performed better than Stidham.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This was discussed last week on Charlie Trotman's show down here. He tried to put it as Gus possibly just wanting to know what plays are for each situation.

I'm not seeing it. With the performance the last two weeks, Gus seems to still be in charge of the offense.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope Auburn plays this bad when we play them end of November, but I imagine they will be much better on offense by then. How could they be worse? I know we will be much improved by then also. Hopefully we won't have any more injuries to worry about.

Clemson definitely looks like the #2 team behind us. They will be much better than I thought, considering they lost Watson. Their Defense is tough already.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
This was discussed last week on Charlie Trotman's show down here. He tried to put it as Gus possibly just wanting to know what plays are for each situation.

I'm not seeing it. With the performance the last two weeks, Gus seems to still be in charge of the offense.

That one called, bogey I think, had Trotman spinning in place with "gus with play chart, headset, talking while covering his mouth, same play calling style - not hard to figure out whats going on Charlie"...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This is correct. Gus was holding the play card. They showed Chip Lindsey on the sideline. No play card.

So if Chip was calling the plays he was doing it from memory.

It really points to Gus' complete and utter incompetence and insecurity. Just like last year when he "was moving to the CEO" and letting Lashlee run the offense., Couldn't fully let it go and by the end of the season was back calling plays.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That one called, bogey I think, had Trotman spinning in place with "gus with play chart, headset, talking while covering his mouth, same play calling style - not hard to figure out whats going on Charlie"...
Yeah, it was Bogey. Charlie was trying his best to put a spin on it. I suspect Shadow will have plenty to say in the morning.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I hope Auburn plays this bad when we play them end of November, but I imagine they will be much better on offense by then. How could they be worse? I know we will be much improved by then also. Hopefully we won't have any more injuries to worry about.

Clemson definitely looks like the #2 team behind us. They will be much better than I thought, considering they lost Watson. Their Defense is tough already.
Right now I see no signs that our OL can block what DL Clemson fielded yesterday. Thankfully, Hurts is capable of exploiting their pursuit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Watching the Tigers vs. Tigers game and OU/tOSU made me appreciate even more what Jalen brings to the table. Lost track of how many times, especially for the Barn, there were wide swaths of green grass in front of a quarterback who was unable to pull down the ball and make the other team pay.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.