Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Plantar fasciitis is no joke. I have it in one or both feet since 2010. Very painful. I wear orthotics, but mine got better with some steroids I took for another ailment. I have been able to walk without pain for the last 2-3 years, but if I don't wear my orthotics I pay for it. I can't see how an athlete can run at all with that kind of pain.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Plantar fasciitis is no joke. I have it in one or both feet since 2010. Very painful. I wear orthotics, but mine got better with some steroids I took for another ailment. I have been able to walk without pain for the last 2-3 years, but if I don't wear my orthotics I pay for it. I can't see how an athlete can run at all with that kind of pain.
Totally depends - I have had it twice (once per foot, separated by more than 5 years). I never stopped running when I had it, but it was painful. So painful that I ended up breaking bones in the opposite foot because I changed my running form to compensate.

If I could handle the pain, these guys definitely can. But you have to take time off (months) for it to heal, and I just don't see that happening for him for a while.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Not too sure about that 30 points business. Last year's Watson led Clemson team beat Auburn 19-13 and was outscored 10-6 in the 4th quarter. If memory serves Auburn returned 8 starters from that defense. Just saying.....
Well, it was at awbern and they are known to steal signals down there on the Plains...:cool2:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I wear orthotics, but mine got better with some steroids I took for another ailment. I have been able to walk without pain for the last 2-3 years, but if I don't wear my orthotics I pay for it.
Walking around barefoot will make you pay even faster.

Orthotics are essential. My closet is full of cowboy boots that I can no longer wear, as orthotics won't fit inside. In my case, walking/running shoes, without a built-up heel, are now also out of question.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
au less than 200 yards in 3 of last 6 games, after the first drive at Clemson they totaled 48 yards the rest of the night.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Totally depends - I have had it twice (once per foot, separated by more than 5 years). I never stopped running when I had it, but it was painful. So painful that I ended up breaking bones in the opposite foot because I changed my running form to compensate.

If I could handle the pain, these guys definitely can. But you have to take time off (months) for it to heal, and I just don't see that happening for him for a while.
i have had three major bouts of it in the left foot, about 2 years apart. all times i had to take about 2-3 weeks completely off then ease back into running. i am lucky in that i don't have to wear orthotics or worry about walking around barefoot, the most i have to do is tape my arch while getting back (i do all of my running in racing flats, or no-heel rise trail shoes). i discovered that mine was being caused by calf muscle problems (i had a severe pull about a year before the first problem) and i can alleviate that with a.r.t. which i can do for the most part myself.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
remind me again why Gus is considered an offensive genius or guru or whatever silly label they have given him.
How soon we forget that the namesake for The Great Offense-A-Flailer (Malzahn) is ex-Netherlands soccer coach Guus Hiddink, in a sport where 1.10 goals per game qualifies as offensive genius...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
remind me again why Gus is considered an offensive genius or guru or whatever silly label they have given him.
Well ya see, once upon at time.... not so long ago.....

a high school coach in Springdale, Arkansas was fortunate enough to have five players on his team highly recruited and, in order to increase the prospects of landing those kids, Houston Dale Nutt recognized him as a "genius" and made him is offensive coordinator. And in an attempt not to make himself and the rest of Northwest Arkansas look like buffoons, Houston and the Arky folks hyped old Gus at the next great "guru".

And tomorrow's story from Uncle Verne's Great Big Book of SEC Fables will be.......

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Well ya see, once upon at time.... not so long ago.....

a high school coach in Springdale, Arkansas was fortunate enough to have five players on his team highly recruited and, in order to increase the prospects of landing those kids, Houston Dale Nutt recognized him as a "genius" and made him is offensive coordinator. And in an attempt not to make himself and the rest of Northwest Arkansas look like buffoons, Houston and the Arky folks hyped old Gus at the next great "guru".

And tomorrow's story from Uncle Verne's Great Big Book of SEC Fables will be.......
One of my accounts that I sell into is Sam's so I'm up there quite a bit. Last football season I was listening to a sports show and they had Nutt on for an interview. It seems that mitch mustain's parents were raising cane about his lack of playing time with Nutt. They even went as far as meeting with the AD and tried to meet with the University President. Nutt never said outright that he thought ole gus was in on it, but he never said he did not believe it either.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Ole Gus just announced he is sending the latest OC up to the Press Box LOL

The guy is literally trying to figure out how to be a Head Coach in year 5 at auburn university :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The guy is literally trying to figure out how to be a Head Coach in year 5 at auburn university :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Yep. Malzahn says OC Chip Lindsay will go upstairs to the coaching box. OL coach Herb Hand will go down to the sidelines. Playing musical chairs with coaching logistics isn't going to solve their problems.

Gus on who's calling plays: "This is Chip's deal and Chip's going to do a great job moving forward." Yea, right..

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

He might as well send him to the parking lot; for all the good it will do.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So gus is saying HE was calling the plays and now chip is gonna?
I had the same thought. Will be interesting to see if Gus is still holding a play sheet going forward. Most head coaches don't hold play sheets during the game because most head coaches aren't calling plays..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.