Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - Page 247
Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 147197237240241242243244245246247
Results 3,199 to 3,206 of 3206
  1. #3199
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    37,917

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Those Charles Moore quotes appear to be for nothing now...

    https://twitter.com/abc/status/1093517710145785856

    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  2. #3200
    BamaNation All-American CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,727

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Dub, any thoughts from the AU cyber famlee on why Tim Horton left ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve heard that Horton and Gus had some “philosophical differences” on running game coaching concepts. Horton felt like he wasnt spending enough time “teaching and developing” the backs and the running game.
    Gus wanted less “position coach time” and more time spend on offense and defensive unit concepts. I believe it has been a point of contention between the two for the last couple of years.
    Some believe Horton felt Kerryon was “over extended” in 2017 because of lack of development in others behind Johnson and Pettway.
    At least that had been some of the talk floating around campus right after the first of the year.

  3. #3201
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,737

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    I’ve heard that Horton and Gus had some “philosophical differences” on running game coaching concepts. Horton felt like he wasnt spending enough time “teaching and developing” the backs and the running game.
    Gus wanted less “position coach time” and more time spend on offense and defensive unit concepts. I believe it has been a point of contention between the two for the last couple of years.
    Some believe Horton felt Kerryon was “over extended” in 2017 because of lack of development in others behind Johnson and Pettway.
    At least that had been some of the talk floating around campus right after the first of the year.
    How can Gus need alot of time spent on offensive team concepts? Doesn't his offense just run variations of the same 3 plays?

  4. #3202
    BamaNation All-American CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,727

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    How can Gus need alot of time spent on offensive team concepts? Doesn't his offense just run variations of the same 3 plays?
    And that was part of the “philosophical differences“ between Horton and Gus. The direct quote I was given was “Horton wanted to spend more time working on fundamentals and diversifying the running game. Gus wanted to spend more time scrimmaging and in seven on seven.”

  5. #3203
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    How can Gus need alot of time spent on offensive team concepts? Doesn't his offense just run variations of the same 3 plays?
    You would think that they would have a Playbook or sumpin'...

    I guess Horton wanted to use more than just cartoon cards.

  6. #3204
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AUDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    I don't roll on Shabbos.
    Posts
    9,509

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Those Charles Moore quotes appear to be for nothing now...

    https://twitter.com/abc/status/1093517710145785856

    That's not unusual at all. Recruits do this pretty regularly. The JUCO announcing it is though.

    He reportedly has one class to pass and he'll qualify.
    Last edited by AUDub; February 7th, 2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: dropped a word
    Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!

  7. #3205
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,787

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Dub, any thoughts from the AU cyber famlee on why Tim Horton left ?
    Honestly, I thought this latest installment of "Plain trouble" was about De Gustibus himself leaving for more variety and opportunity at...Tim Hortons.



  8. #3206
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    7,608

    Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

    Was wondering how long it would take someone to pick up on that obscure reference.

    Take off, eh.
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

    And people!"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

Alabama Crimson Tide gear at Fanatics.com