Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - Page 258
Page 258 of 263 FirstFirst ... 158208248251252253254255256257258259260261262263 LastLast
Results 3,342 to 3,354 of 3408
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

They changed the font from something to Sabon... pronounced "Sabin". :

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    When should Alabama have won easily and lost in J-H? Not once. Actually, Bama has played over their heads more than not: 1995, 1997, 2001, 2003 come to mind. IMO, only 2005 and 2017 have they played a poor game. They barely escaped in 2009 but that was the only really close call. They've only played them 14 times. AU was fortunate to play 6 of those 14 games while Bama had crippling sanctions.

Richt had a 5-3 record in J-H. I don't remember one upset, in fact, UGA probably upset AU a time or two. AU is 29-20 vs P5 teams in J-H since 2008, Bama is 41-4 in B-D.
    Thing is no one's quite sure what to make of Auburn yet, and there's a lot of football to be played between now and our final home stretch.

We have the tools to be very good and challenge for the west. Whether we pull it all together is still up in the air.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

Gus offense: miss direction run, miss direction run, 3rd and 7, throw as far as you can down the middle of the field. Kirby could never figure it out. He was labeled an “offensive genius “. He was against a Kirby Smart defense. Hopefully, he beats UGA again and they keep him another year. High school. That’s what they have.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Thing is no one's quite sure what to make of Auburn yet, and there's a lot of football to be played between now and our final home stretch.

We have the tools to be very good and challenge for the west. Whether we pull it all together is still up in the air.
    I agree with most of what you say. I do think this version of Alabama "could" be too good for even a "very good" AU to legitimately compete for the West. But everything "is still up in the air".

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    Gus offense: miss direction run, miss direction run, 3rd and 7, throw as far as you can down the middle of the field. Kirby could never figure it out. He was labeled an “offensive genius “. He was against a Kirby Smart defense. Hopefully, he beats UGA again and they keep him another year. High school. That’s what they have.
    Weird things happen in JHS

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    Weird things happen in JHS
    That and we always seem to play tight there.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

I’ve said it since he got there: any offense that depends more on the defense not executing than it does on the offense executing is doomed to fail. When the SEC began to lock down fundamentals the sledding got much tougher for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/20...scrimmage.html

Umm, sounds like 2nd scrimmage isn't any better than the first one. It is going to be a rough year for them.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!

Which usually means they’ll win a whole bunch of games! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Thing is no one's quite sure what to make of Auburn yet,
    i can help with that.

s.n.a.s.s.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

???????

2009 - 21 points - that included a bit of early razzle dazzle and, oh yeah, a break the week before

2010 - 28 points.....a team that averaged 41.2 ppg and was in the game mostly because of Alabama O mistakes....and oh yeah, a break the week before

2011 - 0 points for the Malzahn offense (they had a fumble recovery TD and a kickoff return TD)

2013 - 34 points (13 in the final 31 seconds), and again won because of Alabama OFFENSIVE mistakes.....and oh yeah, a break the week before

2014 - 44 points (okay, I'll give him this one, he lit us up.....and still lost)

2015 - 13 points, and that lone touchdown had nothing to do with sensational play-calling, it was a lucky grab

Kirby Goes to UGA

2016 - 7 points

2017, game 1 - 40 points
    2017, game 2 - 7 points

2018 - 10 points

so.....Gus has faced Kirby ten times and lost seven.

He's been shut out once, topped 28 points 3 times, and held under twenty FIVE times.

(Even if you want to use the argument, "But all those 5 stars at Alabama," fact is that 3 of those 5 below twenty games were at UGA).

In other words, he's not even an offensive genius against Kirby Smart.

One can reasonably argue that Auburn's better showings during the prime era of the dynasty owe as much to extra rest/recovery as they do whatever alleged genius Gus is.

I just don't think he's nearly as good as what they're paying him. I think they should have let him flee rather than fear the fallout, because I think they could hire a better coach in a snap. Not as exciting an offensive guy, no.

But they'd trade that for winning more games, too.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    ???????

2009 - 21 points - that included a bit of early razzle dazzle and, oh yeah, a break the week before

2010 - 28 points.....a team that averaged 41.2 ppg and was in the game mostly because of Alabama O mistakes....and oh yeah, a break the week before

2011 - 0 points for the Malzahn offense (they had a fumble recovery TD and a kickoff return TD)

2013 - 34 points (13 in the final 31 seconds), and again won because of Alabama OFFENSIVE mistakes.....and oh yeah, a break the week before

2014 - 44 points (okay, I'll give him this one, he lit us up.....and still lost)

2015 - 13 points, and that lone touchdown had nothing to do with sensational play-calling, it was a lucky grab

Kirby Goes to UGA

2016 - 7 points

2017, game 1 - 40 points
    2017, game 2 - 7 points

2018 - 10 points

so.....Gus has faced Kirby ten times and lost seven.

He's been shut out once, topped 28 points 3 times, and held under twenty FIVE times.

(Even if you want to use the argument, "But all those 5 stars at Alabama," fact is that 3 of those 5 below twenty games were at UGA).

In other words, he's not even an offensive genius against Kirby Smart.

One can reasonably argue that Auburn's better showings during the prime era of the dynasty owe as much to extra rest/recovery as they do whatever alleged genius Gus is.

I just don't think he's nearly as good as what they're paying him. I think they should have let him flee rather than fear the fallout, because I think they could hire a better coach in a snap. Not as exciting an offensive guy, no.

But they'd trade that for winning more games, too.
    I keep hearing that and even asked this question in another thread. No responses, so any ideas?
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I keep hearing that and even asked this question in another thread. No responses, so any ideas?
    Someone like Holgorsen would have jumped at the job.