Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I just think you might be better served averaging more than 20 yards a game before you start making comments like this..

"I’m not cocky, I’m just saying, if we keep working hard and doing everything we’re supposed to do: catching every ball, every deep ball, every 50-50 ball thrown to us, I think we can be a good group — maybe the best group,” Stove said.
Don't see much wrong with that quote. He's not saying they're going to be the best. Said they can be a good group - MAYBE the best - if they continue to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Don't see much wrong with that quote. He's not saying they're going to be the best. Said they can be a good group - MAYBE the best - if they continue to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He just talked about them catching every ball, and being the best receiver group in SEC history

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I think you are reading way too much into it. Again I am seeing "Can be" and "Maybe". While I agree the hype machine for Auburn has been unreal, this doesn't seem like it....
Don't mess up the narrative, dawg.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Auburn’s passing game ranked tied for 103rd nationally in passing plays of 15 yards or more last season.

Yes, I can see how they could be the best ever at Auburn. :conf2:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Auburn’s passing game ranked tied for 103rd nationally in passing plays of 15 yards or more last season.
Yes, I can see how they could be the best ever at Auburn. :conf2:
When you have one serviceable but injury prone QB not known for his deep ball,followed by a guy whose most (in)famous play was a throw that ended up behind him and a glorified speedback playing the position, not to mention a coach that went crazy and ran a five headed monster at QB to start the season, it's not hard to see why the passing game was such an issue.

We have a ton of talent stockpiled at WR, so I don't worry about them. People forget how good Craig's last recruiting class at the position was. It all comes down to Stidham, Linsey and the line. If all that's ironed out, expect big things.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Better hope they don't bring the tin horn
Hah. A rant for the ages.

I just don't see us losing this one. As, I said, unthinkable. Say what you will, but even when we're bad we beat the teams were supposed to beat. Last time we lost to a team outside of a major conference was 91 against Southern Miss. Not that we haven't come close a few times since then (e.g. Jacksonville State in 15, Utah State in 11, Appy State in 99.)

Having to prep for an option offense could really hurt us going into Clemson though.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Hah. A rant for the ages.

I just don't see us losing this one. As, I said, unthinkable. Say what you will, but even when we're bad we beat the teams were supposed to beat. Last time we lost to a team outside of a major conference was 91 against Southern Miss. Not that we haven't come close a few times since then (e.g. Jacksonville State in 15, Utah State in 11, Appy State in 99.)

Having to prep for an option offense could really hurt us going into Clemson though.
I would spend my time prepping for Clemson. Ga Southern can't beat Auburn. I know, I know .......... but really, they can't beat Auburn. I would spend Zero time on them. Clemson on the other hand .....

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I would spend my time prepping for Clemson. Ga Southern can't beat Auburn. I know, I know .......... but really, they can't beat Auburn. I would spend Zero time on them. Clemson on the other hand .....
I don't know; a pretty smart Coach said if you think those games are not important; just loose one.

Ask Jack Crowe

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I don't know; a pretty smart Coach said if you think those games are not important; just loose one.

Ask Jack Crowe
This. I'm not afraid of GS, but overlooking them is a bad idea.

The option offense has to be foremost in your mind going into defending it. Teams with little talent but high discipline have used it as an equalizer to great effect for years.

Back when I played, even in an era when open offenses based off of Lavell Edwards passing concepts ruled the roost, it was one of the first things you learned when practicing assignment football on the defensive side of the ball. Still is, I'd guess. I can probably still read and "crash the dive" to this day. It's not enough to be able to do that if you can't do it consistently though, and if you or anyone behind you misses their assignment, they will move the ball. It requires a lot of discipline as a unit to keep that from happening.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know that you guys don't want to hear this, but I hope that Auburn crushes Clemson. Between that and Alabama beating FSU, the talk of the ACC being the best conference in college football might die down to a mild roar.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know that you guys don't want to hear this, but I hope that Auburn crushes Clemson. Between that and Alabama beating FSU, the talk of the ACC being the best conference in college football might die down to a mild roar.
Nah, I'll always take (insert any team) over the Barn. The Barn tends to run on emotion and so a loss to Clemson keeps that down. I don't think most Bama fans are concerned about the ACC perception. If Bama beats FSU it was supposed to happen. If Clemson beats the Barn, it was supposed to happen. If our paths were to cross again in the playoffs, I like our changes with a second year JH vs. a Watson-less Clemson team.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yeah, but B1G, you can afford to feel that way. No offense to Dub, but you don`t have to live around these folks, or at least many of them. It`ll be nigh on to intolerable if the barn beats the barn with a lake, trust me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.