Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
So; I read the barn-GSU line is 35? They only lost to ole Miss by 10 last year. May be worth a wager to get to be in the lead for a long time; maybe to the payoff? Certainly keep one engaged for a while?

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The level of tolerance for contrived, self-manufactured aub hype astounds me

How many of you actually read the article?
It's not really bothering me because as Alabama fans we can get overly excited about our own players and team too. Especially coming off of or going through down times.

I don't think it's fair for AU fans to place so much hype on Stidham though. Heisman level expectations is a bit much. I think the guy is a really good QB and they will probably be better than we would like this year because of him. I kind of feel bad for the Sean White kid. He's a gamer.....him and Carlson are the only two Auburn players I kind of like.

But anyway while there is unreal hype around Stidham....in our world there are many people expecting Jalen to make a Lamar Jackson transition from year 1-2. That's not fair to Jalen really and also pretty lofty expectations. I get comparing the two is apples to oranges almost. One is the returning SEC Off. POTY and the other has only played a couple games in a 'defense is optional' league.

But still...both fan bases...well all fan bases hype their own too much at times. No biggie. If they flop won't this hype-train make it funnier? I'll laugh myself sick if they are a dumpster fire this year....no offense to 'Dub ;)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
JF III was not having fun on the fambly farm, lost some love for the game...

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...s-auburn-experience-after-transfer/589599001/
Not much in that article disparaging AU. "I couldn't get on the field and wasn't enjoying myself!"

I don't fault him at all for leaving, and I hope he does well under Kiffin, but I'm not heartbroken he's left the program. Trussville kid Noah Igbinoghene is expected to fill the speedy-guy-in-the-slot/KR role nicely.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Not much in that article disparaging AU. "I couldn't get on the field and wasn't enjoying myself!"

I don't fault him at all for leaving, and I hope he does well under Kiffin, but I'm not heartbroken he's left the program. Trussville kid Noah Igbinoghene is expected to fill the speedy-guy-in-the-slot/KR role nicely.
Yes, I know...

At auburn its not "Next Man Up" - its apparently "Better Man Up" :rolleyes:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So Clint Myers has abruptly stepped down as Head Softball coach?

Anybody say "trickle up"?

A lot of uneasy folks on the Plains right now.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Less than eight weeks after Myers, 65, agreed to a three-year contract extension through 2023, pending approval by Auburn's Board of Trustees, the school announced his retirement Wednesday night. "After 40 years of coaching and reflecting on the importance of spending quality time with my wife, my children, and my grandchildren, I have decided to retire from a sport that I love dearly and which has brought so much joy to me," Myers said in a release.
We'll see how your perspective changes, when you hit 65.

(For some of us, it just made us worse to deal with than we already were.) :biggrin2:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
When people continue to ask about the sudden resignation of your assistant coach and son, it makes retirement that much more attractive.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
What's the scoop on the softball coach and son? Pretty abrupt decision to retire just after you signed a contract extension. Something doesn't pass the smell test.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
What's the scoop on the softball coach and son? Pretty abrupt decision to retire just after you signed a contract extension. Something doesn't pass the smell test.
His son resigned abruptly midseason. That, along with AU having scrubbed his coaching profile in a hurry, means he was likely participating in some, uh, extra coaching, so to speak.

Clint's motives are pretty much unknown. Could be his son's screw up has taken a real toll on him, could be he's just exhausted and wants to enjoy retirement. Who really knows that this point? My money is on the former though.

It sucks, but them's the breaks.

Just hoping Jay makes a good hire. We've good facilities, can pay well and a talented roster (for now), so hopefully it's a good one. Otherwise we simply fade back into mediocrity.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Really?!? Hadn't heard that.

Very interesting! :cool2:

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
His son resigned abruptly midseason. That, along with AU having scrubbed his coaching profile in a hurry, means he was likely participating in
some, uh, extra coaching, so to speak.

Clint's motives are pretty much unknown. Could be his son's screw up has taken a real toll on him, could be he's just exhausted and wants to enjoy retirement. Who really knows that this point? My money is on the former though..
The question that continued to arise was what did Clint know about Corey's "extra coaching" and when did he know it? Rumors were widespread around campus for a significant period of time about Corey's coaching clinic. All the players knew.

Matter of fact it was the players confronting Clint about Corey's "extra coaching" that led to Corey's sudden resignation.

There was some additional fall out around this that I won't get into.

Suffice it to say there are several unanswered questions around this situation. And if it is attorneys asking the questions, it could get mighty uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.