Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here) - Page 5
Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast
    Suspended

Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Hype Henley at it again...

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    Hype Henley at it again...
    He is a self-absorbed idiot

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    This just in; Terry Henley states on Opening Drive the barn has a great chance of going to the Iron Bowl undefeated.

In other news, this time last year Henley said he had a better chance of outrunning Bolt than Clemson did of beating Awbarn.

Some things never change
    Well he probably could outrun Bolt right now.

Suspended

The hype machine at Auburn is incredible it just keeps turning and turning and turning

Now this group of receivers, none of which has over 300 career yards I believe, say they want to be the best in the SEC and the best in auburn history

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/...-SEC-106311920
    Last edited by PitMaster; August 20th, 2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Jeremy wasn't mentally equipped to handle the weight of high expectations, which really sucks as he was talented enough to be a great QB in this conference. But we've seen this many times before, just not on this scale. That he turned out to be a headcase shocked pretty much everyone.
    I officiated several of Jeremy's games in HS. He was a fantastic QB, but Carver's offense is not GusBus' offense. Jeremy's uncle is on my crew, and without going into details, Jeremy was sold a bill of goods by Gus to make him come to Auburn, along with his HS coach being hired to the AU staff. Uncle said that although Jeremy loved AU, he would have gone somewhere else to play that fit his talents if he had it to do over again.
    Saying I'm sorry is the same as saying I apologize...except at a funeral.

The hype machine at Auburn is incredible it just keeps turning and turning and turning

Now this group of receivers, none of which has over 300 career yards I believe, say they want to be the best in the SEC and the best in auburn history

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/...-SEC-106311920
    to be fair they said the could be not they would be.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    to be fair they said the could be not they would be.
    I just think you might be better served averaging more than 20 yards a game before you start making comments like this..

"I’m not cocky, I’m just saying, if we keep working hard and doing everything we’re supposed to do: catching every ball, every deep ball, every 50-50 ball thrown to us, I think we can be a good group — maybe the best group,” Stove said.

I just think you might be better served averaging more than 20 yards a game before you start making comments like this..

"I’m not cocky, I’m just saying, if we keep working hard and doing everything we’re supposed to do: catching every ball, every deep ball, every 50-50 ball thrown to us, I think we can be a good group — maybe the best group,” Stove said.
    I think you are reading way too much into it. Again I am seeing "Can be" and "Maybe". While I agree the hype machine for Auburn has been unreal, this doesn't seem like it. I am just going to sit back and watch as they fall on their face. Auburn always tends to fold like a cheap suit when the hype machine is in full force. I would be really worried about Auburn, if everyone including Auburn was expecting them to finish dead last or middle of the pack.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

"Im not cocky, Im just saying, if we keep working hard and doing everything were supposed to do: catching every ball, every deep ball, every 50-50 ball thrown to us, I think we can be a good group maybe the best group, Stove said.
    Don't see much wrong with that quote. He's not saying they're going to be the best. Said they can be a good group - MAYBE the best - if they continue to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Don't see much wrong with that quote. He's not saying they're going to be the best. Said they can be a good group - MAYBE the best - if they continue to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He just talked about them catching every ball, and being the best receiver group in SEC history

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I think you are reading way too much into it. Again I am seeing "Can be" and "Maybe". While I agree the hype machine for Auburn has been unreal, this doesn't seem like it....

Don't mess up the narrative, dawg.
    Just a barner.

Auburn beat Georgia worse than General Sherman

Hey AuDub, if you guys lose to Georgia Southern, would they fire Gus immediately?

Suspended

The level of tolerance for contrived, self-manufactured aub hype astounds me

How many of you actually read the article?
    Last edited by PitMaster; August 21st, 2017 at 07:23 PM.