Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/06/former_auburn_rb_eric_smith_se.html

Quote - In late February, an Auburn spokesman told reporters Smith was dismissed from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules. The university did not say when Smith was dismissed from the team.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091220/Sports/604168831

Quote: "Auburn running back Eric Smith is academically ineligible for the Outback Bowl against Northwestern."

He played the following season, thugging it up during the BCSNCG against Oregon though.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
QB Jeff Burger got suspended for academics back in the 80s. But the school administration reversed it. So I guess it didn’t happen.
I think he missed one play

On a side note, the Auburn fan base has reversed field once again. They are jumping off the wagon, won't Gus fired again, and want him fired immediately many cases. Hilarious stuff on their board

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Fair enough, but some people put their personal integrity first. If a person has no integrity, they become even less credible.
If I'm working as a part-time tutor and want to get paid, and they require me to sign a "no knowledge of wrongdoing" statement in order to get a check, I'm signing that thing every time - no matter how much wrongdoing I know about. It doesn't mean I don't have actual knowledge of wrongdoing, it just means I have a greater want/need of my paycheck. If I tell them I know of wrongdoing; a) how long does that delay receiving my check and b) does that jeopardize my continued employment? The only purpose those type statements serve, especially in conjunction with pay, is to enable AU to do exactly what they're now doing: were you lying when you signed the forms or are you lying now - either way it succeeds in eroding the creditability of the claimant and deflects attention away from the real issue of whether infractions were committed. You don't suppose a certain law firm would have come up with that idea, nah...
THAT is exactly what happened here. In telling the truth, she is technically "changing her story" and thus costing herself credibility.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Fullwood quit attending class a few weeks into the fall quarter of his final year at Auburn. He was by all intents and purposes academically ineligible but it wasn't "discovered" he wasn't attending classes until after the season was over. Dye still played him in the bowl game he wasn't "technically" ineligible until his grades posted and the next term started.
Seventeen players quit going to class during the 2010 season. Many of these were starters. The deadline for finalizing these grades (which would have rended them ineligible for the NC game) was pushed back to the dsay after the Championship game.

I laugh every time I see them use the "All In" term. The academic and athletic administration are definitely "All In" down there...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
He is going to HIGHER better coaches, has auburn degree and cannot spell, please aubs higher him bahahahahahaha idiots

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Good thing Heath is not applying as an English teacher. His grammar sux! But then again he sent in his resume via twitter.

LOL. He gets my vote. "Higher" him! 😂😂😂

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Nick may be onto something about recruiting SMARTER players, maybe aubs issue is their players cannot read the playbook LOL

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Good thing Heath is not applying as an English teacher. His grammar sux! But then again he sent in his resume via twitter.

LOL. He gets my vote. "Higher" him! 😂😂😂
Hell, LSU's coach can hardly talk, and he out coached ours. Being a head coach is more about management and motivation than being a great coordinator. It's about passion. Passion can make kids run through walls for you. It's infectious. We don't have that. If Heath brings that to the table, and he is one of my all time favorite Tigers, bring him on in the interim while we search. Can't be any worse than what we have right now.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Hell, LSU's coach can hardly talk, and he out coached ours. Being a head coach is more about management and motivation than being a great coordinator. It's about passion. Passion can make kids run through walls for you. It's infectious. We don't have that. If Heath brings that to the table, and he is one of my all time favorite Tigers, bring him on in the interim while we search. Can't be any worse than what we have right now.
Bringing a former player with little or no coaching experience on as the head coach works wonders. We should know.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Sorry but motivation only takes you so far. Better talent wins, coaches who can make good decisions in the heat of a battle wins games. Discipline, coaching talent and focus wins titles. Many things make up great teams, one ex player with zero experience as a coach, recruiter or motivator does not win games. Tebow motivated as good as any player on the planet, how did that work when Bama player made plays? MANY many things make a team great, and better men than this kid have failed. I hope you guys hie him, one less game to ever worry about again.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It is kind of funny to watch LSU and Auburn on a seesaw. First it was Auburn's coach that should be fired, then LSU's, now it is Auburn again. Fact is both of those teams have a ton of talent and a lot of problems.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
It is kind of funny to watch LSU and Auburn on a seesaw. First it was Auburn's coach that should be fired, then LSU's, now it is Auburn again. Fact is both of those teams have a ton of talent and a lot of problems.
Imagine if they both had REAL coaches who knew how to coach, the west would be a scary place to play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.