Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I don't even remember him letting Cam change plays at the LOS. Just part of his deal.

When you think that you are the smartest guy in the room, why would you allow your QB to change your play calls?
Cause SMART coaches know that defenses sometimes change alignment after the coach calls the play. Good teams adjust, not just run a play that has been figured out.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
From a Barner on my FB feed: "The two most successful coaches in the history of Auburn football did not have prior ties to the university. Tommy Tuberville and Pat Dye made Auburn relevant because they both knew how to build programs. They had proven pedigrees at previous jobs. Auburn needs to stop hiring from within the family. It worked out pretty dang good for Alabama. It's time for change."

I guess he fails to realize that both of these Coaches did what they did at very "low Tide" when we had just lost a generation Coach and then when we were coming off sanctions with the NCAA.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
From a Barner on my FB feed: "The two most successful coaches in the history of Auburn football did not have prior ties to the university. Tommy Tuberville and Pat Dye made Auburn relevant because they both knew how to build programs. They had proven pedigrees at previous jobs. Auburn needs to stop hiring from within the family. It worked out pretty dang good for Alabama. It's time for change."
I guess he fails to realize that both of these Coaches did what they did at very "low Tide" when we had just lost a generation Coach and then when we were coming off sanctions with the NCAA.
Auburn will never have SUSTAINED success as long as Alabama plays football.

Every team has it's day in the sun but it will never have consistent success.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Breaking on the radio now - WR Kyle Davis no longer a part of the Auburn team.
Plus, both former aub QB Charlie Trotman and DB Chip Powell both said earlier that due to an accumulation of things, they thought a change was needed.

And auburn is still alive for a playoff berth - LOL

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Plus, both former aub QB Charlie Trotman and DB Chip Powell both said earlier that due to an accumulation of things, they thought a change was needed.

And auburn is still alive for a playoff berth - LOL
Charlie just affirmed his belief - if this was any program outside of a handful, I would almost feel sorry for them.

Almost :):)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Breaking on the radio now - WR Kyle Davis no longer a part of the Auburn team.
Isn't he the receiver who missed spring practice for undisclosed reasons? I know that Ohio State was recruiting him hard - total stud WR in high school. Not sure what he has done at Auburn.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Isn't he the receiver who missed spring practice for undisclosed reasons? I know that Ohio State was recruiting him hard - total stud WR in high school. Not sure what he has done at Auburn.
My son is a student at Auburn. Told me Saturday that Davis didn't make the trip to Baton Rouge. He said the rumor was a failed drug test.

It was speculated he missed the spring because of rehab.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't even remember him letting Cam change plays at the LOS. Just part of his deal.

When you think that you are the smartest guy in the room, why would you allow your QB to change your play calls?
He didn't have to. $cam did what he wanted to. He made Gus look like a freakin' genius...:cool2:

$cam played backyard ball. Most of his big plays were off of busted or broken off plays.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
My son is a student at Auburn. Told me Saturday that Davis didn't make the trip to Baton Rouge. He said the rumor was a failed drug test.

It was speculated he missed the spring because of rehab.
If so, I hate to hear that. The kid is obviously talented, best wishes to him and hope he can overcome this

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
He didn't have to. $cam did what he wanted to. He made Gus look like a freakin' genius...:cool2:

$cam played backyard ball. Most of his big plays were off of busted or broken off plays.
The bad thing too with that, cam Knewton was a once in a genration talent and they almost lost 4 games that year even with him.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
The bad thing too with that, cam Knewton was a once in a genration talent and they almost lost 4 games that year even with him.
They had these games in 2010...

Sept 9 won 17-14 @ MSU
Sept 18 won 27-24 vs Clemson, in OT
Sept 25 - won 35-27 vs South Carolina

Oct 9 - won 37-34 A@ Kentucky
Oct 23 - won 24-17 vs LSU

Nov 13 - won 49-31 vs UGA (but remeber UGA got out to a big lead)

Of course our game, one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen

2010 auburn was the weakest National Champion of all-time, and worst since 1984 BYU

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They had these games in 2010...

Sept 9 won 17-14 @ MSU
Sept 18 won 27-24 vs Clemson, in OT
Sept 25 - won 35-27 vs South Carolina

Oct 9 - won 37-34 A@ Kentucky
Oct 23 - won 24-17 vs LSU

Nov 13 - won 49-31 vs UGA (but remeber UGA got out to a big lead)

Of course our game, one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen

2010 auburn was the weakest National Champion of all-time, and worst since 1984 BYU
Most Barners would say the close games early was Auburn coaches not knowing how to use sCam. Which begs the question, how could they miss he was a one and million physical specimen who could hardly be tackled and was a decent passer???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.