Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The bad thing too with that, cam Knewton was a once in a genration talent and they almost lost 4 games that year even with him.
He was a selfish, self-centered player.

Check out the play before the winning field goal at the end of the Oregon game. He was supposed to take a knee. HE wanted to be the one that won the game, not the kicker. Had he fumbled on that play (trying to be a hero instead of just taking a knee as he was told), he wouldn't have a statue and a ring... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
He was a selfish, self centered player.

Chack out the play before the winning field goal at the end of the Oregon game. He was supposed to take a knee. HE wanted to be the one that won the game, not the kicker. Had he fumbled on that play (trying to be a hero instead of just taking a knee as he was told), he wouldn't have a stature and a ring... :rolleyes:
Well, we know from the other Championship game Cam appeared in,had he fumbled, he certainly would not have been bothered to try and jump on it...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
He was a selfish, self centered player.

Chack out the play before the winning field goal at the end of the Oregon game. He was supposed to take a knee. HE wanted to be the one that won the game, not the kicker. Had he fumbled on that play (trying to be a hero instead of just taking a knee as he was told), he wouldn't have a stature and a ring... :rolleyes:
I still love the PA announcer played Son of a Preacher Man.....

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have not looked this up but it agrees with my memory and math. Auburn continues to overreact. (from an Aubie poster).

Auburn is a very up and down program and the average of those ups and downs in the modern era of football (starting all the way back in the 50s when Shug Jordan took over) is approximately the equivalent of an 8-4 type season.
Go do the math if you don't believe me.
Not only that, but every coach from Jordan forward with the notable exception of Doug Barfield has averaged right about that same record over their individual tenures, so it's not like we had one dominant era that brought up the averages of some down coaches or vice-versa.
So if 8-4 is mediocre (it's not, btw—we're conditioned to think that way b/c we play in the SEC, but by definition 6-6 is mediocre), then we've always been mediocre. For the last 65 years or so, anyway.
If we had a coach who was consistently winning 10-11 games a year for an extended period of time, like Diddy did at FSU, that would not be normal for us. What's going on now is what's normal for Auburn. That's not my opinion, that's simple math

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I have not looked this up but it agrees with my memory and math. Auburn continues to overreact. (from an Aubie poster).

Auburn is a very up and down program and the average of those ups and downs in the modern era of football (starting all the way back in the 50s when Shug Jordan took over) is approximately the equivalent of an 8-4 type season.
Go do the math if you don't believe me.
Not only that, but every coach from Jordan forward with the notable exception of Doug Barfield has averaged right about that same record over their individual tenures, so it's not like we had one dominant era that brought up the averages of some down coaches or vice-versa.
So if 8-4 is mediocre (it's not, btw—we're conditioned to think that way b/c we play in the SEC, but by definition 6-6 is mediocre), then we've always been mediocre. For the last 65 years or so, anyway.
If we had a coach who was consistently winning 10-11 games a year for an extended period of time, like Diddy did at FSU, that would not be normal for us. What's going on now is what's normal for Auburn. That's not my opinion, that's simple math
That's the most reasonable and level headed thing I've ever seen an Auburn fan not named AuDub write.

Therefore...

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
The person in question was "fired". He was told that he can be brought back in quietly during the offseason. The guy that played the music had it all approved beforehand by the PTB above him. He and I went to the same church in Tuscaloosa during that time.
Is he back now? See my post above, I thought that was a weak as water move by UA

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The person in question was "fired". He was told that he can be brought back in quietly during the offseason. The guy that played the music had it all approved beforehand by the PTB above him. He and I went to the same church in Tuscaloosa during that time.
That would seem to be incorrect...

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
USCALOOSA, Alabama -- The part-time disc jockey who was fired Monday for playing "Son of a Preacher Man" and "Take the Money and Run" before last week's Iron Bowl had approval from a higher-ranking full-time staffer, The Tuscaloosa News reports.Justin Brant, director of Crimson Tide Productions, helped select the songs and was in the control room when they played, but he still has his job, according to The News' investigation. Brant declined comment to the newspaper.
The songs were perceived as a message to Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, who has faced accusations of a play-for-pay scheme.
Read the full story from The Tuscaloosa News
Read Kevin Scarbinsky's column: Alabama tries to do right after songs go wrong
TUSCALOOSA — A full-time staffer at the University of Alabama approved the songs that targeted Auburn quarterback during Iron Bowl warm-ups, but he was not fired like a part-time staffer who played the songs, the Tuscaloosa News reported.TUSCALOOSA — The part-time disc jockey who was fired by the University of Alabama on Monday for playing provocative songs over the public address system at Bryant-Denny Stadium before kickoff of the Iron Bowl last week wasn’t alone in the prank — a higher-ranking, full-time staffer was in on the planning and there in the control booth, but still has his job.
Justin Brant, director of Crimson Tide Productions, which oversees elements of game-day presentation at University of Alabama football games, participated in selecting the songs — “Son of a Preacher Man” and “Take the Money and Run” — and was in the control room while they were played, the Tuscaloosa News reported.

Two people involved in UA’s investigation of the incident said Brant, who was hired in July, gave approval for the songs to be played.
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/sports/20101201/alabama-staff-helped-choose-pregame-songs-for-iron-bowl

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.