Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I know that you guys don't want to hear this, but I hope that Auburn crushes Clemson. Between that and Alabama beating FSU, the talk of the ACC being the best conference in college football might die down to a mild roar.
In an ideal world Auburn would lose to Georgia Southern and then crush Clemson

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
His son resigned abruptly midseason. That, along with AU having scrubbed his coaching profile in a hurry, means he was likely participating in some, uh, extra coaching, so to speak.

Clint's motives are pretty much unknown. Could be his son's screw up has taken a real toll on him, could be he's just exhausted and wants to enjoy retirement. Who really knows that this point? My money is on the former though.

It sucks, but them's the breaks.

Just hoping Jay makes a good hire. We've good facilities, can pay well and a talented roster (for now), so hopefully it's a good one. Otherwise we simply fade back into mediocrity.
Meyers signed an extension till 2023. he even told people close to the program that he would be around for another 2-3 years.

it doesn't add up. furthermore, and who really knows, an insider on ITAT states that an ESPN special will be out regarding the auburn softball program during Myer's tenure. we shall see...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Meyers signed an extension till 2023. he even told people close to the program that he would be around for another 2-3 years.

it doesn't add up. furthermore, and who really knows, an insider on ITAT states that an ESPN special will be out regarding the auburn softball program during Myer's tenure. we shall see...
That makes sense regarding the timing. Wonder what kind of dirt they have.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

(NO, Artie Johnson is NOT a notzy.)

So, it looks like the ol' "I just wanna spend time with the fambly" excuse doesn't work. Again. Maybe.

Makes the rest of us old coots look equally stupid.

Which we very well may be...............shuffling down the road to dementia.................

(Just imagine how insufferable I might get, when that starts to set in!) :biggrin2:

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States

Auburn softball coach Clint Myers agrees to three-year contract extension

Myers, 65, confirmed the agreement in principal, which will be pending approval by the board of trustees, he said.
They may not have approved it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
His son resigned abruptly midseason. That, along with AU having scrubbed his coaching profile in a hurry, means he was likely participating in some, uh, extra coaching, so to speak.

Clint's motives are pretty much unknown. Could be his son's screw up has taken a real toll on him, could be he's just exhausted and wants to enjoy retirement. Who really knows that this point? My money is on the former though.

It sucks, but them's the breaks.

Just hoping Jay makes a good hire. We've good facilities, can pay well and a talented roster (for now), so hopefully it's a good one. Otherwise we simply fade back into mediocrity.
You saying the son was doing some things with his bat off the field he shouldn't have been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
This sounds like a really weird and potentially creepy situation, with the family all living in a compound, if I was an Auburn fan I want Jay Jacobs butt out of there

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It is the thing I've been saying all along. This thing has been festering for almost a year. Both my kids attend Auburn. It was relatively well known in many circles about Corey's predatory behavior.

That is the reason I asked the question when Corey resigned about "what did Clint and Jay Jacobs' know and when did they know it?". You had to be completely tone deaf or simply trying to "tiptoe past the graveyard".

This was a Title IX train wreck waiting to happen. And this girl possibly has half the softball team's current and former players that willing back her up.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Aside from Myers' son being inappropriately involved with players (sounds like multiple according to the articles that are coming out), the team being "quarantined" for several hours and instructed to destroy texts and not communicate with former players is veeeeeerrrrry bad. If confirmed, and if known by Jacobs without immediate disciplinary action, well say goodbye to AU softball. What decent players and coaches want to come into a program with title IX badness being investigated?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.