Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
If, as the al.com article states, the associate AD tried to force the players to delete the texts, that's a huge problem, and grounds to subpoena the phone records going back as far as they go.
Speaking from personal experience (with a former student) the Title IX folks can and do go to the cell provider to recover messages, so deleting them from your phone won't help (unless Auburn also owns all the cell providers).

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Speaking from personal experience (with a former student) the Title IX folks can and do go to the cell provider to recover messages, so deleting them from your phone won't help (unless Auburn also owns all the cell providers).
The point is that the players wouldn't be able to show them to anybody... :cool2:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Complete lies to both questions. What a tool..

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Once the facts were established, changes to the staff quickly followed,” the university provided in a statement Sunday. “Honoring the student-athletes requests for privacy while taking necessary disciplinary action is not an easy line to walk when the media asks legitimate questions, but we did the right things at the right time for the right reasons. So why were changes not made in Sept. 2016 when the complaints were filed? The barn will burn before this all gets done.[/FONT]

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So Jacobs is either an out of touch buffoon who, as AD, hasn't clue what's going on in women's softball on his campus or he is a liar.

I know where I'm leaning.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
How stupid can an AD be? He needs only look a couple hundred miles west to Oxford to see what happens when you lie to the press.

Now that he's been busted lying on the record to a reporter, a whole bunch more of them are going to be asking a whole lot more people much more probing questions.

Prediction: One or more of the original complainants, now infuriated by Jacobs' lie, will voluntarily come forward with the evidence she / they gave the AU administration, making it public.

Buy popcorn....this could be interesting.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
At this point both the Head softball coach and the assistant coach are gone. I doubt much more will come of this.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Ask the Title IX folks if they think it is a big deal or not. Just a matter of time before they start sniffing around. No telling what other dirt they will uncover.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Sean White now splitting reps with the freshman at #2...
When are they going to fire up the press conference and let a teary eyed sean white announce that he is moving to receiver and fully supports stidham? He can get pointers from kodi burns on what to say and then they could all then proclaim him "an auburn man."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Here's the article CrimsonForce referenced:

Auburn spokeswoman: AD Jay Jacobs' comments about investigation of Corey Myers 'unfortunate'

Part of me understands what Jacobs was doing. Keep the narrative until the entire investigation is complete. But his answer to the second question is where he really messed up.
Agreed. No, I don't expect him to say he knows he was getting it on with the shortstop. But just repeat the family time line and say any investigation is an internal issue at this time. Or just say no comment.

Flat out lying makes you look like you have something to hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Locking the girls up (Quarantine? Seriously?!?) until they delete the evidence doesn't sound very good...... :cool2:

Yes, but...........

When I recounted this event, to Mrs. C, she told me about all the stuff they were educated on, during teacher in-service days, just a few weeks back. Let's just say there is a lot of CYA going on, when it comes to spreading stuff on phones, these days. API took it to the extreme, but based on what she related to me, the kids could be in trouble for what they did.

Let's compromise and say 2 (or 3 or 4) wrongs don't make a right.

Having said all of that.............let the Plains burn! :biggrin2:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Yes, but...........

When I recounted this event, to Mrs. C, she told me about all the stuff they were educated on, during teacher in-service days, just a few weeks back. Let's just say there is a lot of CYA going on, when it comes to spreading stuff on phones, these days. API took it to the extreme, but based on what she related to me, the kids could be in trouble for what they did.

Let's compromise and say 2 (or 3 or 4) wrongs don't make a right.

Having said all of that.............let the Plains burn! :biggrin2:
On what grounds are the girls guilty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.