Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I don't think Auburn needs to panic. They do this a lot. Gussie normally loses an early season game that he shouldn't, everyone thinks Auburn's season is over and they're out of it in week three. Then they roll off the next nine weeks with wins as Gussie has found the strengths of the team and then they give us fits during the Iron Bowl. Waaaay too many overreactions this early.
It is early to write us off, but man do we have some issues on the o-line.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
It wouldn't shock me to see Auburn run off a string of wins going into the UGA game, but then lose to UGA and Alabama. I've given up trying to figure them out week-to-week, and if what my Auburn friends say is true, I might as well stop trying to figure them out. After losing to Auburn last year, and Kick Six, I've also given up on writing them off come Iron Bowl, no matter what the trends are going into the game.
Not meaning to be contrarian, but in both years AU was on a serious roll also having beaten UGA, which they have rarely done lately (UGA 10 of last 13 since 2006) and they were at home. Also, their only previous SEC loss was to LSU in both years. IMO, AU has been very fortunate in both CGM AU wins vs Bama. Not saying they did not deserve to win either game but they were fortunate in-game in 2013 (not K6, but missed FGs and their ramifications) and pre game injuries and the state of the offense last year. Again, not saying they were fluke wins or that AU did not outplay Bama, certainly last year; just saying that they were very fortunate, things fell their way.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I think MSU takes both these teams out behind the woodshed. I may be proved wrong, but I feel MSU is the biggest obstacle Bama will face in the regular season.
I have watched every single Miss State game this year and can tell you Fitzy ain't quite there yet. The other QB looks better right now. MSU is good and will beat one of the two tiggers but not both. Their Defense looks the part, but something is missing on Offense. Somebody in the SEC West is gonna stack the box and make the kid throw to win. I just don't know if he has that in him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It wouldn't shock me to see Auburn run off a string of wins going into the UGA game, but then lose to UGA and Alabama. I've given up trying to figure them out week-to-week, and if what my Auburn friends say is true, I might as well stop trying to figure them out. After losing to Auburn last year, and Kick Six, I've also given up on writing them off come Iron Bowl, no matter what the trends are going into the game.
The game is not being played at Jordan-Hare-Dye Stadium this year, so no worries...:cool:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I don't see them beating UGA so unless we drop a game we shouldn't even if we lose the iron bowl we still lock up the west. That said I think we get sweet revenge if we stay relatively injury free.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I saw that Minnesota cut/released/fired "Legatron" Carlson after missing 3 FG's (2 in OT) against Green Bay. Younger Carlson missed a FG against LSU that would have made a big difference down the stretch. When it rains it pours.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I saw that Minnesota cut/released/fired "Legatron" Carlson after missing 3 FG's (2 in OT) against Green Bay. Younger Carlson missed a FG against LSU that would have made a big difference down the stretch. When it rains it pours.
Someone will pick him up. His performance is puzzling but he is too good to not get it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
They may end up regretting that in the long run.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
After he was cut he said he had lost his confidence and he understood why he was cut. I'm sure someone will pick him up and give him another chance. But how many times have we seen a great college player not make it in the no football league?
Someone will pick him up. His performance is puzzling but he is too good to not get it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Myers has 2 catches, Cannela 1
Seems much of the dissatisfaction is on the offensive side of the ball. Discussion on many of their boards that players are very frustrated with the lack of imagination with the “Lind-zah” offense. I’ve read there are at least two others contemplating an early exit.

An offensive guru for a head coach and offensive skill players considering bailing before the 4th game of the season because your offense “lacks” imagination and ball distribution? 😂

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
There is something very unsettling about players quitting three or four games into the season just because they don't like the offense and still being able to keep a redshirt. This could happen to any school.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is something very unsettling about players quitting three or four games into the season just because they don't like the offense and still being able to keep a redshirt. This could happen to any school.
Yep - this is something that every school is going to have to navigate, and with the egos of some of these players, it will not be easy.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Yep; other side of the equation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.