Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Is the writer related to Phillip Marshall? That was brutal and will leave a mark.
If what you mean by related is “is that him?” I think the answer is yes...

ABOUT THIS SITE

This is the place for supporters of Auburn University athletics to find analysis, news and commentary from a journalist with more than 30 years of professional experience. I’m here to give you an Auburn perspective that’s reflective of my years as a journalist and almost 50 years of following Auburn athletics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Is the writer related to Phillip Marshall? That was brutal and will leave a mark.
Not related to “Yellow Teeth” Marshall. Yellow Teeth as a beat writer and and Yellow Wood as the booster that makes “the tail wag the dog”.

The answer to the question in the column is if the latter, Yellaw Fella, wants to pony up 32 million to make it happen.

I don’t see that happening unless they finish 5-7 and get absolutely embarrassed UGA and Bama at the end.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
can we start a GoFundMe to keep Gus at Auburn?
I don't think that's needed. His buyout is something like $32 million, and while the big money boosters want to win as badly as anyone, they're not dropping that kind of cash to get him out of there. Zero chance. I mean, if one of them donated $10 million to AU they'd literally name a building after him, if not an entire college.

People always act like the wealthy will sling money around like it grows on trees. In my experience, the reason the super wealthy have that much money is precisely the opposite - they spend when necessary, but they don't let emotion drive their spending habits.

I'd be beyond shocked if Auburn moved on this year - they made a catastrophic (or spectacular, depending on perspective) emotional move at the end of last year - one they likely cannot afford to back out of. In fact, I think they're stuck with Malzahn for at least three more years...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/7/17945514/gus-malzahn-buyout-auburn-contract

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think that's needed. His buyout is something like $32 million, and while the big money boosters want to win as badly as anyone, they're not dropping that kind of cash to get him out of there. Zero chance. I mean, if one of them donated $10 million to AU they'd literally name a building after him, if not an entire college.
Funny.... The booster that supposedly said he would pay the entire buyout if need be has facilities and a college in his name already.

Harbert Family Recruiting Center

Harbert College of Business

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The story goes his willingness to offer up the buyout is what pushed Leath over the edge in giving Gus the new contract.
Doesn't pass the sniff test, imo. Not sure a BOT member giving verbal (non-contractual) word that he'd cover part (not all) of the buyout would even work...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.