Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Yep. It is one thing to jam at the LOS. It’s another to ride you like a rented mule all day long. And most objective individuals will watch those calls and say they were “good calls”.

The most surprising thing to me was how little pressure Auburn got on Burrows. It wasn’t like he was throwing five yard hitches and quick slants all day. He got more than enough time to throw down field.

Gonna be tough sledding for the tiggers the rest of the way.
That idiom has always made me wonder...

From where the heck would one rent a mule???

:biggrin2:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I was in the car listening to the un-listenable awburn radio broadcast with Rod Bramblett & Stan White. Stan went on a rant after LSU got the ball back at the end and continued after the game talking about how unfair it was and how he was "tired of refs determining the outcome of Auburn games."

Oh man.
They have always done this. According to Rob and Stan, Auburn has never lost a game, the refs just prevent them from winning.

I know some people don’t always love Eli, but I’ve never heard him complain about the refs. He’s a class act while Rob and Stan are whinny babies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That idiom has always made me wonder...

From where the heck would one rent a mule???

:biggrin2:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Not exactly rented, but we paid for the use of mules to take us down into the Grand Canyon decades ago. No, we did not beat our mules.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Right now, the media is high with LSU praise but, I thought both teams should big signs of struggles ahead. Honestly, my take away from the game is that, as long as Bama stays healthy and doesn’t have a mental let down, we should beat both of them soundly.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Y'all... Seriously...

Auburn's Scout board is like an episode of InfoWars this morning. I've been a member there for many, many years through many, many AU losses and I've never seen anything like it. There are a few (JUST a few) who understand you can't turn the ball over twice, miss opportunities in the red area and grab WRs on every play and beat a good team. I actually agree that one of the PI calls was bad, but my gosh... A Div II kicker still had to make a 42-yd field goal and a transfer QB in his first SEC road start still had to make a circus throw in the 4th qtr for LSU to win by one point. Was all of that "bought and paid for" too?

It's crazy over there!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The thing is, it’s highly ironic to see them lose in that fashion (refs) especially at home. I remember an Auburn LSU game during the height of the Tubby era. Maybe it was 2005/6. It was at Auburn so maybe 2006. They won the game because the refs allowed Auburn to interfere with an LSU wr. Supposedly the ball was “tipped.” I know Selma will remember. Plus the several times the refs have directly impacted our games with them down there. 1995 immediately comes to mind.

Live by the sword, die by it.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Y'all... Seriously...

Auburn's Scout board is like an episode of InfoWars this morning. I've been a member there for many, many years through many, many AU losses and I've never seen anything like it. There are a few (JUST a few) who understand you can't turn the ball over twice, miss opportunities in the red area and grab WRs on every play and beat a good team. I actually agree that one of the PI calls was bad, but my gosh... A Div II kicker still had to make a 42-yd field goal and a transfer QB in his first SEC road start still had to make a circus throw in the 4th qtr for LSU to win by one point. Was all of that "bought and paid for" too?

It's crazy over there!

Without obsessing over over this too much there’s nothing like continuous chaos in the smelliest village.

maybe Malzahn’s $2mm donation last week keeps him around an extra year if we are lucky.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Without obsessing over over this too much there’s nothing like continuous chaos in the smelliest village.

maybe Malzahn’s $2mm donation last week keeps him around an extra year if we are lucky.
He gave two because Saban only gave one, bank on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I was in the car listening to the un-listenable awburn radio broadcast with Rod Bramblett & Stan White. Stan went on a rant after LSU got the ball back at the end and continued after the game talking about how unfair it was and how he was "tired of refs determining the outcome of Auburn games."

Oh man.
Truly hard to listen to.

Those one-way streets are pretty narrow - aren't they, Stan?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Auburn’s Defense seems to be predicated on the philosophy that the back end will bump, hold, mug all receivers in order to give their LBs time to blitz and their D-Line time to twist/shoot gaps and try to get a sack. Against LSU, referees finally started calling the pass interference calls against their secondary; and it killed Auburn and cost them the game. Apparently coaches around the conference have been complaining about their tactics and refs are finally starting to call them for pass interference. Stan White’s play by play is like a little boy after being caught with his hand in a cookie jar....”What me? I didn’t do anything wrong. How can you play defense if you don’t grab their jersey, or grab and hold their arms to prevent a reception?” About time referees.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.