Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Believe it or not Kiffin is #1 on a lot of their lists....

The thought process is 'not only is he an offensive genius.... he has inside knowledge on how Bama operates....and in addition to that a desire to stick it to CNS'

A few have thrown around David Shaw's name but I can't see him making that move.
David Shaw ain't leaving where he is to go to that dumpster fire on the Plains...no way! :cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't think Kiffin is the sharpest tool in the shed (and I admire his offensive skills) but I'm not sure he'd want to have to go head to head with CNS for next few years.

If Kiffin keeps winning, he'll get another shot at a big time program. I'd advise him to be patient.

And NO Shaw will never come to Alabama to coach,..espcially not the Barn!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

The thought process is 'not only is he an offensive genius.... he has inside knowledge on how Bama operates....and in addition to that a desire to stick it to CNS'

A few have thrown around David Shaw's name but I can't see him making that move.
He might be high on lists of the fan base, but I cannot believe that Kiff would be anywhere on the administration’s short list. Too much is known about his personal life and tendencies that I don’t think would go down very well culturally even at Auburn.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He might be high on lists of the fan base, but I cannot believe that Kiff would be anywhere on the administration’s short list. Too much is known about his personal life and tendencies that I don’t think would go down very well culturally even at Auburn.
Well, I disagree. They'd hire him in a New York Minute IF they thought he could compete with CNS. Matter of fact, they'd hire the Devil himself to beat Bama.

I just think LK has enough sense to know CNS isn't going to be outcoached, outrecruited and outmatched.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't keep close on this thread so this may have been mentioned. I saw today that Gus wants to split the GA and Alabama games up in such a way that Auburn never has to play them both on the road in the same season again. Since the games are close together, and the SECCG is the week after Alabama, I get it. On the other hand, he wasn't complaining last year when the home field advantage in both games helped him land a $49MM contract extension that simply would never have happened without those two wins.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't keep close on this thread so this may have been mentioned. I saw today that Gus wants to split the GA and Alabama games up in such a way that Auburn never has to play them both on the road in the same season again. Since the games are close together, and the SECCG is the week after Alabama, I get it. On the other hand, he wasn't complaining last year when the home field advantage in both games helped him land a $49MM contract extension that simply would never have happened without those two wins.
Yah, quite your whining, Gus. You sucking at football is the issue here.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Sounds good for Auburn and I sure don't blame him, but if every team were granted 1 or 2 major demands in regards to schedule I would imagine it wouldn't be very long at all until some demands would be impossible to fill and still get all the games scheduled, somebody will be disappointed. I really have no knowledge of it, but I doubt the SEC office will consider granting those kinds of guarantees, especially when the coach is asking for "never again" types of requests.

GA_Tide

1st Team
Aug 24, 2006
Canton, Ga
Fine, they want have Bama an GA at some the same year either. Which is the only way they ever pop up and make the SECCG anyway

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Kiffin would be a horrible dumpster fire that I would thoroughly enjoy watching.

David Shaw made a backhanded put down of us and our academics not too long ago. Auburn is way beneath him. Maybe enough money would sway him, but I doubt it. Also, I wouldn't be scared of him at all. A pro-style offense against Nick Saban's defense? LOLOLOLOLOL

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Sounds good for Auburn and I sure don't blame him, but if every team were granted 1 or 2 major demands in regards to schedule I would imagine it wouldn't be very long at all until some demands would be impossible to fill and still get all the games scheduled, somebody will be disappointed. I really have no knowledge of it, but I doubt the SEC office will consider granting those kinds of guarantees, especially when the coach is asking for "never again" types of requests.
Exactly because at some point the demands will become mutually exclusive - slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IF the SEC would/should do anything, just ship 'em to the east and move Mizzu to the west and let us play them in late Sept. and they can keep Georgia late.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
Is it just me or is Auburn become the whiniest bunch about the schedule rotation lately? It used to be LSU, from having to play Florida from the East every year while we drew Tennessee.
Awbern has always been whiny. Why do you think the IB is not in Bham anymore. Younger folks will never know how great that game once was. Ticket sales split 50/50, nothing like it other than maybe the Cocktail Party. They have always complained about the schedule. Bunch of crybabies!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I shouldn't the vindictive sort, but I damn sure am.

And I don't want Gus or Auburn to get this for a simple reason: in 2010, the SEC offered to give US some relief from that gauntlet of teams that had a bye week before playing us. I honestly don't remember the specifics - remember, it got swallowed up in the whole Cam Newton saga and since nothing happened it didn't matter - but the SEC was going to have Auburn re-schedule one of their games to an open week where one of their opponents also had won IF both teams were agreeable.

Gene Chizik, realizing he had almost beaten the champs the year before with the extra rest, wasn't going to do a thing to help us, and he shot it down immediately so he could keep his advantage.

So screw Auburn on that issue. You didn't help us, we damn sure won't help you.

But there are some other problems with it, namely, short-sightedness and convenience.

1) Alabama and Georgia won't always be the dominant teams. This stuff goes in cycles. He may screw himself or Auburn worse by trying this.

2) I sure as hell don't recall him complaining in 2013, when he won two miraculous games, or 2017, when he did as you stated above.

I'll be honest with you: I don't mind helping out a fellow SEC school within reason. In fact, I wouldn't mind this one if not for Chizik's refusal. But the reality is that Alabama has already made a couple of changes to keep the other teams happy.

1) When the SEC expanded, we played in Baton Rouge twice in a row (1991 and 1992).

2) The Arkansas game used to be around the 3rd Saturday in September for nearly two decades.Then they moved it to October to accommodate the new schools.

Besides - Gus is literally admitting he can't beat these teams without the home field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.