Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw where Marlon Davidson and Derrick Brown are coming back. AU will have a nasty front 7 next year..

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Saw where Marlon Davidson and Derrick Brown are coming back. AU will have a nasty front 7 next year..
We are extremely lucky. Thought a complete front 7 rebuild would be necessary. Will be replacing a lot of linebackers due to graduation, but that's a lot easier with a nasty front 4.

Only DB we're losing early is Jamel Dean. Javaris Davis announced his return today.

Entire O line is coming back. We were concerned Prince Tega would go, and he was good down the stretch.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We are extremely lucky. Thought a complete front 7 rebuild would be necessary. Will be replacing a lot of linebackers due to graduation, but that's a lot easier with a nasty front 4.

Only DB we're losing early is Jamel Dean. Javaris Davis announced his return today.

Entire O line is coming back. We were concerned Prince Tega would go, and he was good down the stretch.
Sounds like your guys want to make a run for the cfps next year. If they win out, you all will have the schedule to get in for sure. The SEC next year is going to be crazy.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Sounds like your guys want to make a run for the cfps next year. If they win out, you all will have the schedule to get in for sure. The SEC next year is going to be crazy.
We could probably lose two (as long as they’re early) an still have a puncher’s chance. Our schedule is brutal next year.

Expect the DL and DBs to be better. Expect OL and running game to be better too. QB and LB are the unknowns. WR is loaded but that’s dependent upon the QB situation.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Looks like Austin Kendall’s love affair with Auburn is over. Oklahoma has backed off and will allow him to transfer to West Virginia. ESPN reporting Kendall is expected to enroll in Morgantown.

The Bo Nix 2019 Heisman campaign can proceed.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Looks like Austin Kendall’s love affair with Auburn is over. Oklahoma has backed off and will allow him to transfer to West Virginia. ESPN reporting Kendall is expected to enroll in Morgantown.
The Bo Nix 2019 Heisman campaign can proceed.
Who is Austin Kendall? :conf3:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Pretty sure he was gone before Jalen started his visits this weekend.
Kendall saw the writing on the wall early. If KM for whatever bizarre reason decide to return, he would sit another year behind him. When JH places his name in the transfer portal, there was a strong probability JH would land there. And even if JH didn’t, he would probably spend the next two years in the shadow of incoming QB Rattler, even if the goal was to redshirt him. So if he stays, and Jalen lands there, he sits another year behind him and then competes with Rattler his last year for the job.

He made the right call.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
A little off topic, but I saw two people wearing Auburn gear last night.
Maybe more rare than tonight's Lunar eclipse.

Trouble on the plains...

Fans are still holed up under their beds.
They convincingly won their Bowl Game, but the fans don't seem to be too happy. :)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A little off topic, but I saw two people wearing Auburn gear last night.
Maybe more rare than tonight's Lunar eclipse.

Trouble on the plains...

Fans are still holed up under their beds.
They convincingly won their Bowl Game, but the fans don't seem to be too happy. :)
We ate out Saturday and Sunday. Bama gear everywhere and both days there was one lone Aubie who still wore his gear. Sad. Just sad.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I've had several AU fans tell me they wished they'd lost their bowl game and Malzahn had been fired.

I told them to be patient. He'll be gone by mid-season next year. :p

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I've had several AU fans tell me they wished they'd lost their bowl game and Malzahn had been fired.

Sadly I can remember having that same feeling too toward the end of the Shula years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Wonder if the usual requirements/conditions for continued AU HC employment ( beat Alabama and/or UGA, everybody else...meh ) will apply? I know, they took a break from it this last season, but can`t see it two years running myself. Still......that absurd contract..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.