Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Breaking from Outside the Lines on ESPN: Auburn hires firm to investigate allegations a tutor took exam for football player on 2016 team..

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...gations-tutor-took-final-exam-football-player

Is there a single sport on the plains not being investigated??
Let me guess: Gordon Lightfoot & Franklin? :rolleye2:

Yeah, they are doing the same "investigation" that they did with $cam. (Spin control and how to hide/weasel out of a problem...)

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
If they are having to hire an "outside firm" to cover this up, then it must be fairly serious.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
What else are they going to say? Honestly you are a solid fan and contributor to this board, but we both know after the way Cam was investigated that this is exactly what they will find, whether that statement has any shred of proof in it or not. Loose lips sink ships and nobody talks at Auburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
What else are they going to say? Honestly you are a solid fan and contributor to this board, but we both know after the way Cam was investigated that this is exactly what they will find, whether that statement has any shred of proof in it or not. Loose lips sink ships and nobody talks at Auburn.

It's an uncharacteristically strong statement for when situations like this pop up. Pretty much ended any concern I had.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's an uncharacteristically strong statement for when situations like this pop up. Pretty much ended any concern I had.
I agree - they said that ESPN was flat wrong. They have to have some solid information to say that so boldly, IMO.

However, if they are wrong, ESPN will drag this out FOREVER!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If ESPN is going to tell auburn the accuser continues to change her story, why even publish it?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Doesn't matter how big and bold a font AU posts their response it doesn't give it any more credence or credibility than the story from ESPN. However, shout the message long enough and loud enough then perhaps people will get tired of hearing it and, just maybe, it will go away. That's one strategy.

How long is it going to take that law firm to read the federal prosecutor's transcript and declare ineligible the two basketball players whose families accepted Chuck's money. Those are facts even ESPN couldn't mess up.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Doesn't matter how big and bold a font AU posts their response it doesn't give it any more credence or credibility than the story from ESPN. However, shout the message long enough and loud enough then perhaps people will get tired of hearing it and, just maybe, it will go away. That's one strategy.
Considering they altered their story after Auburn's statement, we caught them in at least one factual error. Takes away some of their credibility.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Reads similar to the statement put out regarding the softball investigation. We all now know what a lie that was. AU fans shouldn’t have any confidence in a statement by the athletic department based on the flat out lies Jacobs and the department told about the softball program among other things..

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Reads similar to the statement put out regarding the softball investigation. We all now know what a lie that was. AU fans shouldn’t have any confidence in a statement by the athletic department based on the flat out lies Jacobs and the department told about the softball program among other things..
That was JJ badly fumbling a question in an interview. "Not to my knowledge." The department issued no statement that equals this one. Mum was supposed to be the word. He no doubt knew about the investigation. He no doubt had advisement from University Counsel and PR about how to respond. His choice of words should have been amorphous, so as not to draw attention to any party, but he fumbled the nuance. It's an easy thing to do, as anything other than a no is a pretty clear yes.

Big difference between the two. The statement above is a very emphatic rebuttal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.