Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Stidham had wheels but is no where near the athlete needed for the Gus offense. Same thing with Nix. Sure, he can scramble here and there but you don't have to account for him on every play like a Nick Marshall..
Yep. With Nix they are not going to be able to run the Marshall style offense. Nix is a very good passer (5* in HS) so I think they will throw it more than they typically do. This being his true freshman year I don't expect him to light it up but he is somebody we will have to deal with big time in the future unless Gus messes him up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yep. With Nix they are not going to be able to run the Marshall style offense. Nix is a very good passer (5* in HS) so I think they will throw it more than they typically do. This being his true freshman year I don't expect him to light it up but he is somebody we will have to deal with big time in the future unless Gus messes him up.
Their next HC will have a ball with him, if they don't screw up their search again...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)h

Lol....was there ever any doubt? I watched Nix play HS ball and he’s for real. If Stidham can beat us in the biggest point spread since the early 70’s back in 2017, Nix has the potential to do much more if he has competent receivers. We will see what happens...

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Lol....was there ever any doubt? I watched Nix play HS ball and he’s for real. If Stidham can beat us in the biggest point spread since the early 70’s back in 2017, Nix has the potential to do much more if he has competent receivers. We will see what happens...
Auburn QB play had nothing to do with that game outcome. Absolutely nothing.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Bo Nix is good, but Let's wait and see how he does down the road. It is hard starting as a true freshman in SEC.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama

Talk shows are already predicting he will break the Auburn career passing records given he is starting as a freshman. Young man has a lot of pressure on him being a legacy and all the "hope springing eternal" at awbarn.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Their next HC will have a ball with him, if they don't screw up their search again...
Well, that place has a reputation among the coaching fraternity. Not many coaches would be willing to take that gig in the first place. Why else were they forced to hire a 5-19 football coach after being turned by by so many prior to that? :cool2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Talk shows are already predicting he will break the Auburn career passing records given he is starting as a freshman. Young man has a lot of pressure on him being a legacy and all the "hope springing eternal" at awbarn.
It wouldn't be "Barn ball" if the fambly wasn't over-reacting to some unproven player.

FWIW, I expect him to be a very good QB, but firey-wild expectations that social media fans is not a favor to any potential great these days.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And we are not even talking about how Gus is handling this SO different than CNS. You'd think that Gus would be willing to "watch and learn" on a few tips from the GOAT, but CNS would have NEVER revealed who his starting QB would be in a situation like this. Why give another team almost two weeks to scout and prepare for just one QB?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
And we are not even talking about how Gus is handling this SO different than CNS. You'd think that Gus would be willing to "watch and learn" on a few tips from the GOAT, but CNS would have NEVER revealed who his starting QB would be in a situation like this. Why give another team almost two weeks to scout and prepare for just one QB?
Well, there isn't much film on Nix at awbern to analyze since he is a true freshman...but I get what you are saying. :cool2

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Well, there isn't much film on Nix at awbern to analyze since he is a true freshman...but I get what you are saying. :cool2
Well, there's plenty of recruiting video and he can't be much different/re-tooled than what he was just a year ago in HS with so little time on campus.

But, my understanding that he and the other Barn QB were pretty different in skill-set. Announcing Nix is like saying our offense will probably look more like it did with Stidham than it did with Marshall.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well, there's plenty of recruiting video and he can't be much different/re-tooled than what he was just a year ago in HS with so little time on campus.

But, my understanding that he and the other Barn QB were pretty different in skill-set. Announcing Nix is like saying our offense will probably look more like it did with Stidham than it did with Marshall.
Yeah, I guess Moozahn has to decide which direction to polish his offense based on whoever's skillset. Not a good strategy as the possibility of an injury can really set your offense back when you have to go with a different guy in the middle of a game and your offense didn't prep that way. (See Colt McCoy and his backup in 2009/2010 against us in the BCSCG .)

To me, Gus is still a high school coach that just so happens to coach a college ball team. :rolleyes:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Interestingly enough, Stidham was labeled a dual threat QB in HS and actually ran a faster 40 time than Nix who is labeled a Pocket Passer in HS ( 4.66 vs 4.71) . So Gus took a DT QB and made him more of a Pro style and will make a Pro Style into a DT with a slower time???

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Interestingly enough, Stidham was labeled a dual threat QB in HS and actually ran a faster 40 time than Nix who is labeled a Pocket Passer in HS ( 4.66 vs 4.71) . So Gus took a DT QB and made him more of a Pro style and will make a Pro Style into a DT with a slower time???
He's a genius...just ask him.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
The kid has a strong arm and a lot of potential. But he is a straight drop back pocket passer. I don't think he is a great fit for what Gus likes to do (besides find sneaky ways to take advantage of loopholes in the rules and lousy officiating, I mean). Having two very dissimilar quarterbacks is dangerous for a lot of reasons. Supposedly their O-line will be very good this year. I think they'd better be.

But the Fambly is going to put so much pressure on this poor kid. It won't be a week till someone on their board is explaining how he is actually better than Tua and Sunshine....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.