Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Hey when it comes to auburn I never ever expect anything LOL. Sounds like a hoot. May have to peek at it for fun. I would not go in and comment, every team needs a place to themselves with other fans to vent rant and rave. I alwyd felt those who go to others forums and try to stir stuff up are just juvenile.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
SNASS

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/10/30/ill-wind-blows-across-auburn-plains-jacobs-latest-actions/

..."Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs’ attempt to intervene after two AU football players engaged in a raucous fistfight during a fraternity party over the third weekend in October is just the latest episode in a death spiral of controversy surrounding the beleaguered Jacobs.
Trouble arose when Jacobs hired an attorney to represent the two young men at a student disciplinary hearing. This led to a showdown between Jacobs and Auburn President Steven Leath."

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
SNASS

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/10/30/ill-wind-blows-across-auburn-plains-jacobs-latest-actions/

..."Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs’ attempt to intervene after two AU football players engaged in a raucous fistfight during a fraternity party over the third weekend in October is just the latest episode in a death spiral of controversy surrounding the beleaguered Jacobs.
Trouble arose when Jacobs hired an attorney to represent the two young men at a student disciplinary hearing. This led to a showdown between Jacobs and Auburn President Steven Leath."
How is this not an impermissible benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SNASS

I was just coming here to post that link. I've been told by a friend in the media to watch this one. This leak didn't come from the athletic side, it came from the academic side.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was just coming here to post that link. I've been told by a friend in the media to watch this one. This leak didn't come from the athletic side, it came from the academic side.
Seems like the new president is ready to get a clean slate.

Sent the article to an Auburn friend last night, and he said none of it was new. Said some mods and admins on his board were posting things last week about troubles with Jacobs and how change is needed.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We'll see soon enough whether the AU administration has any real power or they are just there to be yes men for Lowder and crew. It seems to me this is similar to the situation with Coach Mike Price. Dr. Witt and Mal were in disagreement on whether Price would stay. Dr. Witt said that either Price would be fired or he would resign. It turned out that moment was a turning point for the university as a whole.

The situation at Auburn is much worse in that the culture there is defiance rather than compliance. The way they handled the basketball indictments show their contempt for the rules. 2 players are named in the FBI indictment, yet they suspend no one. This is just another example in a long line of misdeeds there.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
It's amazing we haven't heard anything about this incident other than this one article from a politicle website. I don't even remember how I come across it.

If two Alabama players got into a major fist fight it would be on every sports show for two or three days.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
GA's soft spot in their defense is right up the middle, so this hurts Auburn a lot. I am not sure that they will be able to beat GA trying to run around the edges with Johnson without the risk of those runs up the middle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.