Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
Would be sweet! I'd settle for breaking the record of largest margin of victory (55 - 0 sometime in the 40's).
I know that Coach Saban doesn't like to run up the score, but given the offense this year combined with the possibility that Auburn may be a broken team by then, it is possible. It would serve another purpose in that Auburn is stuck with a huge buyout, so a big win could keep them down for the next several years because Gus could not recruit top players to a guaranteed mediocre team.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Before the season, few people would have pegged the Tennessee game as a must-win for the Barn. However, at this point, I think it very much is a must-win for them. After all, if they can't beat Tennessee, they won't win another SEC game this season.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
Before the season, few people would have pegged the Tennessee game as a must-win for the Barn. However, at this point, I think it very much is a must-win for them. After all, if they can't beat Tennessee, they won't win another SEC game this season.
This past weekend, I wandered over to ITAT to enjoy the meltdown and some of them were predicting only two more wins: the Viles and Liberty. I even read some of them suggesting that it might be a good thing to decline a bowl invitation if the Birmingham Bowl is the best they can do. They seem to think that this will send a message to Gus about the terrible job he's doing. With respect to AUDub, this is all so much fun to see for this particular Alabama fan!!

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
Last 10 years per Wikipedia:

5-7
8-5
14-0
8-5
3-9
12-2
8-5
7-6
8-5
10-4

Down down up. Down down up. After last year....seems like normal once the DuBose era started to fade away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Starting with their 14-0 season. If you follow a basic pattern, they won't win 10+ games until the '22 season...:biggrin:
Last 10 years per Wikipedia:

5-7
8-5
14-0
8-5
3-9
12-2
8-5
7-6
8-5
10-4

Down down up. Down down up. After last year....seems like normal once the DuBose era started to fade away.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

$49 Million Man Gus Malzahn's Job Is Safe, but His Reputation Is Not:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799893-49-million-man-gus-malzahns-job-is-safe-but-his-reputation-is-not?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I told my wife that I was going out and buy a case of facial tissue and give them out to the Auburn fans and she said there is no need for that because you can't find any Auburn fans any longer. :biggrin2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Stidham hasn’t played well, so I don’t think his draft stock has stayed at the point he would declare. Surely, he wouldn’t want to play another year in Gus’s offense where he doesn’t get to be the guy, though. Have to expect him to transfer (assuming he has his degree).

They better hope Kelly Bryant comes to town if that happens, or the QB situation in 2019 could be really, really bad.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

What term describes the exact opposite of a "Quarterback Whisperer?"

...Asking for a friend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Stidham hasn’t played well, so I don’t think his draft stock has stayed at the point he would declare. Surely, he wouldn’t want to play another year in Gus’s offense where he doesn’t get to be the guy, though. Have to expect him to transfer (assuming he has his degree).

They better hope Kelly Bryant comes to town if that happens, or the QB situation in 2019 could be really, really bad.

Bo Nix is their new Heisman savior

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.