Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I understand he's respected by many and considered a good hire.

I'm just curious what makes him so. What has he done to get the reputation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's a bold hire IMO, whether or not he's a good one remains to be seen. His CV isn't very deep, but what depth there is happens to be well respected by his peers. Let's see how he does on the big stage.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
I understand he's respected by many and considered a good hire.

I'm just curious what makes him so. What has he done to get the reputation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He and White were the ones in charge at Ole Miss when #thenetwork was being built. The building and maintaining of the ramps for involving boosters in the recruiting process were started under their watch. That is not a wild theory. If building that kind of operation doesn't catch Lowder's eye, nothing will.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
He and White were the ones in charge at Ole Miss when #thenetwork was being built. The building and maintaining of the ramps for involving boosters in the recruiting process were started under their watch. That is not a wild theory. If building that kind of operation doesn't catch Lowder's eye, nothing will.
Put “is it possible” before every sentence and a question mark afterward and we have a History channel special.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Inside Auburn’s Secret Effort to Advance an Athlete-Friendly Curriculum

More evidence of Auburn's commitment to education--if by "commitment to education" you mean "commitment to keeping athletes eligible."

The new batch of data was unambiguous. Half of the students in one major were athletes. One in three black players on Auburn’s football team was enrolled in the program.

Rather than question how this might have happened, the university’s provost instead offered a plan: Create more programs like it.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Business as usual on the plains...

The way they handled the end of their 2010 footaball season tells you all you need to know...
And anyone who tells you it stopped with the end of Lowder's tenure on the board of trustees is just disingenuous.

There’s a war between Auburn whistleblower’s dept & dean who tried to shut him up. 1 prof posted photos of Dean & AD (Just below Jared) alongside Stalin & Kim Jong-un. http://

What you want to bet the dean's wife ends up as the director of some state affiliated non-profit making about $500k/yr?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
And anyone who tells you it stopped with the end of Lowder's tenure on the board of trustees is just disingenuous.

There’s a war between Auburn whistleblower’s dept & dean who tried to shut him up. 1 prof posted photos of Dean & AD (Just below Jared) alongside Stalin & Kim Jong-un. http://

What you want to bet the dean's wife ends up as the director of some state affiliated non-profit making about $500k/yr?
Bobby Lowder is now more powerful than he ever was...

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

LOL! The collage is brutal yet hilarious!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I seriously doubt that the barn ever wins another one in Lowder's lifetime. (One every 53 years, so 45 more to go?)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
How is this for irony. Three of the four teams in the CFP played Auburn. Auburn beat two of those. Guess who go left out. :cool2: Sweet.:biggrin2: Bama beat two of the teams who beat Auburn.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Auburn had a good team this year but kinda caught UGA and Bama at the right time. UGA hadn't really been forced to put the game in Fromm's hands for most of the season. This was kinda like our 2011 LSU game. UGA got forced into winning the game with a first year starter and the plan was not well conceived to do so. They just flat out caught Alabama limping to the finish line. I don't think they'd beat either team on the road despite those issues. Perfect storm for Auburn: had great run game and DL...good combo to pair with a loud crowd.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You won the national championship. The loss to Auburn probably helped get you there. Sometimes a loss is a lot more than a loss. Auburn has to live with the fact that they actually helped you win a championship.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.