Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

So; if the barn loses Stidham, Johnson, Pettway, the starting O line, Holland, Carlson, Tray Matthews, Tre Williams, Carlton Davis, Stephen Roberts,etc.
Do the have the depth to be any good next year?
Generally, that's when they get a JC QB and win the NC. :)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

So; if the barn loses Stidham, Johnson, Pettway, the starting O line, Holland, Carlson, Tray Matthews, Tre Williams, Carlton Davis, Stephen Roberts,etc.
I would like to say no, but I am pretty sure they have recruited pretty well over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

well, there are the 20 heisman hopefuls in this year's recruiting class

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

they will go back to being the perennial 8-4 powerhouse their fan base is accustomed to.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I think Auburn was thinking when they renewed the contract with Gus he's taking us to Bowl games, we beat Bama once in awhile that's all we can ask for as long as Saban is at Bama.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Your reasoning is??
Baylor number:
75/109 68 percent for 1265 yards with 12 TD and 2 Int
Transferred to Auburn for 2017 season
246/370 for 3,158 yards with 18 TD and 6 Int.

That's huge improvement going from Baylor to Auburn, playing in SEC, and it said a lot about his ability. He's rated as no.10 quarterback in class of 2018 by Bleacher and Walter football. DraftTek has him as No. 9 overrall. So he's probably gone between 2nd-4th round. Not bad deal. There are plenty of teams that needs QB. For example, he could go to Arizona and be back up to AJ Mcarron, or go to Bengals and back up Andy and take over when his contract is up. Who knows?

He can stay another season at Auburn and be drafted in top 25 pick. The problem with that though There is a good chance he could struggle next season with lot of changes on offense.

Even through he can improve his draft stock, I still think it doesn't matter because he is probably weighing more than just draft stock, but potential teams he can go to and etc.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012

Well, they'll definitely be in good shape on the salary cap ;)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

In the least shocking news of the day, Pettway is going pro. Hope he tears it up. Suspicion is that the only reason he wasn’t outright kicked off was because he has a wife and child and Gus exhibited some sympathy.

Announced through instagram rather than the AD. Pretty good indicator.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

In the least shocking news of the day, Pettway is going pro. Hope he tears it up. Suspicion is that the only reason he wasn’t outright kicked off was because he has a wife and child and Gus exhibited some sympathy.

Yep. Gus shows his sympathetic side; would be cruel to cut off his "stipend"

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Baylor number:
75/109 68 percent for 1265 yards with 12 TD and 2 Int
Transferred to Auburn for 2017 season
246/370 for 3,158 yards with 18 TD and 6 Int.

That's huge improvement going from Baylor to Auburn, playing in SEC, and it said a lot about his ability. He's rated as no.10 quarterback in class of 2018 by Bleacher and Walter football. DraftTek has him as No. 9 overrall. So he's probably gone between 2nd-4th round. Not bad deal. There are plenty of teams that needs QB. For example, he could go to Arizona and be back up to AJ Mcarron, or go to Bengals and back up Andy and take over when his contract is up. Who knows?

He can stay another season at Auburn and be drafted in top 25 pick. The problem with that though There is a good chance he could struggle next season with lot of changes on offense.

Even through he can improve his draft stock, I still think it doesn't matter because he is probably weighing more than just draft stock, but potential teams he can go to and etc.
Bleacher? Seriously?!?

Anyways, next year, there will be no way he posts numbers like that...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Charlie Trotman mentioned yesterday one rumor he was hearing was Pettway's wife was pressuring him to pretty much sit out in order to save himself for the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.