Ukrainian Tank Crew video "Give Me Shelter"

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
One thing shared across cultures with young people these days.
Give a group of young Ukrainians a obsolete tank, a smartphone and a music track and they'll make a statement to the powers that be that they need more modern equipment. I could see American kids doing something like this.

Here is a web page explaining more.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That is way cool, Tidewater.........way cool.......

I did a landscape project for a couple...he was Russian and she was Ukrainian. That Ukrainian accent of hers was a real turn on, I must admit. She was cute too. I don't mess around with married women but I told myself...if they ever broke up.....:p

Different customs...after the project was finished, they invited me inside and we drank shots of Grey Goose and they had some kind of appetizer on crackers that I can't remember the name of - the vodka of course was great but the appetizer....not so much. An acquired taste I'm sure....

Those Ukrainians.....they remind me of Australians. Hard at work and hard at play! ;)

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
My younger brother had a video of night exercises with the Abrams out west with "The Unforgiven II" as the soundtrack. Both are equally impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
My younger brother had a video of night exercises with the Abrams out west with "The Unforgiven II" as the soundtrack. Both are equally impressive.
It would be cool to watch it.
In the Ukrainians' case, the T-64 entered production in 1964, so these tanks are a bit long in the tooth.
The Ukrainian government is fighting a war. They are producing a newer tank (the T-84), but the Ukrainian army won't get their hands on it until the factory has fulfilled an order for T-84s from Thailand. I get business is business, but Ukraine is at war.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
In the Ukrainians' case, the T-64 entered production in 1964, so these tanks are a bit long in the tooth.
The Ukrainian government is fighting a war. They are producing a newer tank (the T-84), but the Ukrainian army won't get their hands on it until the factory has fulfilled an order for T-84s from Thailand. I get business is business, but Ukraine is at war.
Gotta fund it some how.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That is way cool, Tidewater.........way cool.......

I did a landscape project for a couple...he was Russian and she was Ukrainian. That Ukrainian accent of hers was a real turn on, I must admit. She was cute too. I don't mess around with married women but I told myself...if they ever broke up.....:p

Different customs...after the project was finished, they invited me inside and we drank shots of Grey Goose and they had some kind of appetizer on crackers that I can't remember the name of - the vodka of course was great but the appetizer....not so much. An acquired taste I'm sure....

Those Ukrainians.....they remind me of Australians. Hard at work and hard at play! ;)
Yet the Russians call them "lazy," as they do the Poles...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I know where they can find a whole bunch of Abrams. Anniston Army Depot. We pass them every day. Probably 150 or so just parked.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I know where they can find a whole bunch of Abrams. Anniston Army Depot. We pass them every day. Probably 150 or so just parked.

Wouldn't that be a fun drive down I-10 in Houston around 7:00 am? I would advise everyone to exist their vehicles as I come barreling down the interstate, however.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Lol, I doubt the Guard wants to pay for the fuel to do much more than service those things once a month and play with them over the summer.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Considering the way US tanks completely outclassed the T-72 25 years ago, I can only imagine what it's like trying to fight in something even less capable...

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Considering the way US tanks completely outclassed the T-72 25 years ago, I can only imagine what it's like trying to fight in something even less capable...
From what I understand, the T-64 and T-72 are sister tanks, they were both developed and produced nearly simultaneously. The Soviets tended to produce two tank models at once- one that introduced new gear, and another that was cheaper and easier to produce. It also kept multiple tank factories open for employment purposes. Anyways. The T-64 was the concept-prover with more advanced, 1st generation technology such as the auto-loader, ceramic armor, and a bigger gun. It was designated for spearhead tank divisions. The T-72 was the cheaper, more reliable, easier to produce model and as such became the more-numerous and most exported tank. Unlike the T-64 however, it was designated as infantry support in the Motor Rifle divisions.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I always wanted a rocket launcher on the top of my Suburban so I could blow up the morons in the left lane who were driving slower than the rest of traffic.
When I was a kid my dad used to tell me that the cigarette lighter in the car was actually a hidden missile button and we would "blow up" all the idiot drivers in our way. I'd spot the cars and he'd hit the button.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
From what I understand, the T-64 and T-72 are sister tanks, they were both developed and produced nearly simultaneously. The Soviets tended to produce two tank models at once- one that introduced new gear, and another that was cheaper and easier to produce. It also kept multiple tank factories open for employment purposes. Anyways. The T-64 was the concept-prover with more advanced, 1st generation technology such as the auto-loader, ceramic armor, and a bigger gun. It was designated for spearhead tank divisions. The T-72 was the cheaper, more reliable, easier to produce model and as such became the more-numerous and most exported tank. Unlike the T-64 however, it was designated as infantry support in the Motor Rifle divisions.
I think the only reason the Ukrainians still produce the T-64 is that the tank factory in Kharkov was producing T-64s when the Soviet Union fell apart. Retooling that factory would have been too expensive, so they left it be.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
My understanding is that they stopped developing the T64 years ago while the T72 has continued to receive upgrades even into this decade. But yah, the T64 was the superior platform, thanks for reminding me - I had forgotten the T64 was the basis for the design of the T80.

Two excuses:
1- I'm not as hip as some on Soviet era armor, and
2- I'm old.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.