TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

For those states, cities, communities that historical items of the confederacy are revenue streams will have an interesting decision to make. One "issue" Shreveport is having is there is a confederate statue sitting in front of the courthouse. From appearance it is on government property. People have tried to have it taken down but there's one tiny, little problem. The patch of ground that the monument sits on isn't owned by the city or any form of government. But rather a private organization.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

This doesn't have anything to do with the thread, other than they might have to change their name to just "Being Railroaded"

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
crap, losing all of those tourist dollars could send the jawjuh economy into a recession.

kkk request to burn cross on stone mountain denied

The Stone Mountain Memorial Association this week denied a Ku Klux Klan request to burn a cross at the park, citing the trouble at a “pro-white” rally last year.

Joey Hobbs, a Dublin man with the Sacred Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, wanted to hold a “lighting” ceremony on Oct. 21 with 20 participants, according to the application. This would’ve been to commemorate the KKK’s 1915 revival, which began with a flaming cross atop Stone Mountain on the evening of Thanksgiving.

“We will light our cross and 20 minutes later we will be gone,” wrote Hobbs, who couldn’t be reached for comment Wednesday, in an application dated May 26. It wasn’t immediately clear if Hobbs holds a formal position with the group.

“We don’t want any of these groups at the park, quite frankly,” John Bankhead, spokesman for the association said Wednesday, referring to white nationalists groups and the KKK. “This is a family-oriented park.”

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
What I find more odd about this is the people that seem the most offended are white people. I was in Charleston SC recently and there were a whole lot of black folks taking pictures of a whole lot of Civil War sites and statues. They didn't seem too angry or offended.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Removing memorials is apparently another version of Washington government math:

LIE: Mayor Mitch Landrieu originally said the project would cost just $170,000 and that private funds would pay for it.

TRUTH: Cost the city $2.1 million (and please don't pull the old "they didn't know they were gonna have to spend X on security" nonsense).

Amazingly enough, this isn't the most insane miscalculation involving New Orleans in the last 15 years or so:

Guy offers to pay $100 apiece to remove cars flooded out from Katrina, an offer that would have netted the city $5 million and gotten rid of a problem far more pressing than who has a statue.......Numb Nuts Ray "Convicted Felon" opted for a plan (that fell through) that would have COST the city $23 million.

When your city is run by politicians like these two imbeciles, you have FAR bigger problems than worrying about which past historical figure doesn't actually offend most of the populace, who doesn't know anyway until a stink is made.

But I'm glad for all those who were pulled out of poverty and got health care (and all those other sudden appeals we get) when these monuments were taken down. And I say this as someone who could really care less one way or the other.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What I find more odd about this is the people that seem the most offended are white people. I was in Charleston SC recently and there were a whole lot of black folks taking pictures of a whole lot of Civil War sites and statues. They didn't seem too angry or offended.
But that's just an anecdote......something......something.......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
you should make a sign and go protect stone mountain. it may just save the state.
Depending on which way he's coming from, I doubt he can even get there with all the road insanity documented here in recent months.......

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It's called jumping on the bandwagon. By protesting in front of cameras it proves that they are not racist. Plus it helps them get "likes" and retweets, which all that really matters in the world.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.