CFB Analytics Predicts the Record of Every Team

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Ole Miss 10-2???

They may want to run those numbers again.

They need to seriously doubt the veracity of that model. IOW, throw it out, and start over.

"If the results don't agree with the theory, believe the results and invent a new theory." (Probably postulated by some engineer.)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
OK, here is the scoop from a stat guy. Some systems are way overboard and too complicated. I know of a couple who have a stat comparing other stats to other stats.

I have found the simpler the system the better and this one seems very complicated to me. It sucks.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
They have us giving up 20.68 pts per game. Hmmm, that seems way too high ... their system sucks!

They have us going undefeated AND have AU with a losing record ... their system rocks!

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that the ppg and projected record for us are almost mutually exclusive.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ole Miss 10-2???

They may want to run those numbers again.
I don't think a lot of folks have paid attention to the personnel OM has amassed over in Oxford. The reality is, yes, they will suck in the years to come, possibly as early as next year, but they have an incredible amount talent on campus right now, with a QB and a corps of receivers that are very, very good. The D should be worse than last season, but they can likely outscore most of the opponents on their schedule.

I'd not be surprised if they win a LOT this year. And I'm not taking that game for granted as a Bama fan...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't think a lot of folks have paid attention to the personnel OM has amassed over in Oxford. The reality is, yes, they will suck in the years to come, possibly as early as next year, but they have an incredible amount talent on campus right now, with a QB and a corps of receivers that are very, very good. The D should be worse than last season, but they can likely outscore most of the opponents on their schedule.

I'd not be surprised if they win a LOT this year. And I'm not taking that game for granted as a Bama fan...
Agreed. The game somewhat scares me because they can clearly play with a "nothing to lose" attitude and do some wild things because what does it matter if they take a chance and fail?

My main concern with OM is the coaching. Can Matt Luke get it done? The new OC is from FCS, so I question him being able to get things done without Freeze around the program anymore.

OM does have a pretty difficult 6 game schedule starting with us on September 30 and ending in Lexington on November 4.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Agreed. The game somewhat scares me because they can clearly play with a "nothing to lose" attitude and do some wild things because what does it matter if they take a chance and fail?

My main concern with OM is the coaching. Can Matt Luke get it done? The new OC is from FCS, so I question him being able to get things done without Freeze around the program anymore.

OM does have a pretty difficult 6 game schedule starting with us on September 30 and ending in Lexington on November 4.
their new OC was at sam houston state last year which was supposed to be some kind of offensive juggernaut until JMU destroyed them in the playoffs 65-7.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not certain that Luke isn't going to be actually calling the plays. Again, I don't think we lose to OM, but to presume they'll suddenly suck just because Freeze is gone and they're almost certainly facing serious sanctions doesn't mean they'll suck this year - their 2016 class was a strong.

IMO, the only way they suck this year is if Matt Luke is just 100% in over his head.

Attachments

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
TeamWinsLosesSECwSECl TeamWinsLosesSECwSECl
Alabama12080 Missouri11171
Arkansas11171 Tennessee10262
Mississippi10262 Kentucky8453
LSU7544 Georgia6644
Texas A&M8444 Florida4826
Auburn5726 Vanderbilt3917
MS State21008 South Carolina11108

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.