2018 Prospect: **** JUCO DB Saivion Smith SIGNS with Bama ***
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

**** JUCO DB Saivion Smith SIGNS with Bama ***

Played his Freshman season at LSU. Transferred to MGCCC in May and plans to graduate in December in order to enroll in January.

His dad tells BOL Alabama is for sure to get one of his OVs.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Re: JUCO DB Saivion Smith

Wasn't he a 5-star?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

He has good size for a corner. With the JUCO experience he could play immediately especially with most of our secondary going pro.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Wasn't he a 5-star?
    Not on 247. He was a 4* and the #5 CB according to the 247 composite.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

Former LSU CB, 5-star prospect Saivion Smith talks transfer and new Alabama offer

Saivion Smith is already thinking about the environment of his next college football game. Smith played his freshman season at LSU, where Tiger Stadium holds more than 100,000 fans on game day. His next game may have fewer than 100 times that amount.

“It’s definitely a humbling experience,” Smith told SEC Country about his transfer from LSU to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. “I’m going from having 102,000 people at games to like, maybe, 1,000 or 2,000 at the most. That’s going to be an adjustment. There’s also not much out here. It’s forcing me to focus, and I like that.”

Smith, a former 5-star prospect at IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.), transferred from LSU to MGCCC in June for “personal and family reasons,” he said. He wouldn’t go deeper than that. Smith was expected to be a contributor for the Tigers this season and crack the team’s two-deep depth chart.
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

Big need for next year. I would imagine we push hard for him.

We are looking good. I would think we may take 3 or 4 CB's in this next class.

Saw today where we got 4 CB's in the last day or so. These are the only CB's for him so feeling good about him. You can tell the staff is going hard after elite JUCO and HS corners.

BOL feels pretty confident about Smith being apart of this class. Let's hope.
    -- Coach Bryant

-- Coach Bryant

Things are looking good here. I like Kirschner's DB 2018 signing class. What a haul that would be.

Glad to see Saivion is expected back in Tuscaloosa this week. Want him on campus as much as possible.
    -- Coach Bryant

-- Coach Bryant