When you find out one of your friends is a dirt bag.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I got a call last night from a good friend of mine who I met when I moved to Louisiana back in '96. We've kept in touch over the years, still talk, and our families hangout from time to time. He called me last night and said he was about to text me a screen shot of something and wanted me to look at it and call him back and give him my opinion. We hung up, the text came through and it's screen shots of a series of private messages his wife had gotten from another friend of ours who ran with us in college. It was three of us. We were all close knit, good friends, had some good times in college together. We all three still live in the area, all three are married with kids. The guy who initially called me, we keep in touch more than the third friend. But I still talk with the third guy two to three times a year on the phone. But that's about it.

The friend who called me last night and his wife ran into friend number three and his wife over the weekend at a restaurant. He keeps in touch even less with friend number three than I do. Apparently friend number three "took a liking" to the wife of the friend who called me last night and began private messaging her on FB with some very flirtatious messages. IMO, the messages were out of bounds. They weren't vulgar by any means but you could tell he was "fishing". I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I would have NEVER thought this guy would do something like that. I called my friend back and told him that IMO it was out bounds and the guy was basically hitting on his wife. I wished I could have given the guy an out and said his account may have been hacked. But that wasn't the case. Because in the PM he mentioned seeing and talking to them at the restaurant the night before. I'm not sure what the friend who sent me the screen shots is going to do. He asked me what I would do and I told him I'm probably not the best person to ask that question to. He said he's going to think about it a little more before deciding what to do. I'm still stunned to say the least. Who needs enemies when you have friends? :rolleye2:

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Had a somewhat similar thing. Were three of us back in high school (one is still one of my best friends). We all hung out a lot together and played games. Were roommates at various times.

The one I'm still friends with ended up getting a divorce and eventually after several years wound up co-renting an apartment with the third guy. Current friend and former wife started to look into reconciling (child involved), however that came to an abrupt end when he came home to find the other guy in bed with the ex-wife. Apparently he had decided he was leaving for the Navy anyway so he might as well go for it. My friend's first instinct was to grab his gun but he thought better of it and left instead.

Just to add another weird layer to it I was living with my friend right out of high school when he met this girl and they got married - and she moved in. It eventually lead to a falling out for a while but she would come out into the living room of the apartment in lingerie when he wasn't around. Never took that bait though. There's a lot more weird layers to the story but it would become quite the story if I tried to get into all of it, lol.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Knew the guy since kindergarten, he got divorced and fell on hard times because his job was through her dad. Yea man, come on down, we have room, get your feet under you again. That's the story of my first divorce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Your friend who called you.......what is his wife's reaction? Is she disgusted at the guy hitting on her? She should be the bird dog on this.

However....maybe she doesn't have what it takes.

If not, your friend needs to call this guy and let him know his wife is off limits wrt any further communications. Period.

How embarrassing (and sad really) that a "so-called" friend turns out to be a ......

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He just needs to call the guy and tell him to never contact his wife again. Then block him on social media.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Your friend who called you.......what is his wife's reaction? Is she disgusted at the guy hitting on her? She should be the bird dog on this.

However....maybe she doesn't have what it takes.

If not, your friend needs to call this guy and let him know his wife is off limits wrt any further communications. Period.

How embarrassing (and sad really) that a "so-called" friend turns out to be a ......

His wife was not happy....at all. They're not even "friends" on facebook. You can still PM someone on FB even though there is not a "Friend" connection. This is what happened. He looked her up on FB and PM her. Thinking his was going to get some side action.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Knew the guy since kindergarten, he got divorced and fell on hard times because his job was through her dad. Yea man, come on down, we have room, get your feet under you again. That's the story of my first divorce.

Yep, my best friend in HS had something similar happen to him. He was playing tournament league recreational softball. They occasionally would travel. His wife started getting tired of going to all the games so on the weekends they would travel she would stay at the house. What my friend didn't notice was the center fielder on his team stopped coming to the games that were out of town. While my friend was out of town hitting the softball, the center fielder was at my friends house "hitting it" too. It just wasn't a softball...

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Get your buddy, who's wife was the target of the texts to just post to his facebook wall asking the sender if he intended to send those to his wife or was he meaning to send to someone else.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My buddies and I have a phrase we use.....The Code of Honor.

It covers everything we do in life.

Simply put, that slimeball violated the code of honor.

He needs to be put in his place.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.