Crazy coaching incentives

dajbama

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2011
This is crazy. Gotta give Kentucky some credit. They are really trying hard in football.

"Every school awards bonuses for championships, but some lower the bar for gratuity. Kentucky's Mark Stoops has a particularly striking deal. He banks $250,000 for every victory beginning with the seventh win of the season, and a seven-win season automatically triggers that one more year be added to the end of Stoops' deal. If Stoops were somehow able to get to 10 wins, his contract would be extended by two years, and he would earn $1 million for wins seven, eight, nine and 10."

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This is crazy. Gotta give Kentucky some credit. They are really trying hard in football.

"Every school awards bonuses for championships, but some lower the bar for gratuity. Kentucky's Mark Stoops has a particularly striking deal. He banks $250,000 for every victory beginning with the seventh win of the season, and a seven-win season automatically triggers that one more year be added to the end of Stoops' deal. If Stoops were somehow able to get to 10 wins, his contract would be extended by two years, and he would earn $1 million for wins seven, eight, nine and 10."
As if cheating were not so rampant now ...... man, what an incentive to cheat.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Curious what makes you think that would make someone more likely to cheat than any other incentive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I have a four or five year contract worth 4 or 5 million with bowl incentives and playoff incentives added on I am still going to get the 4-5 million regardless. But Stoops can add a year and bank an extra million by winning more games. It just seems more incentive to cheat. Like the waitress who makes two dollars and hour will probably flirt more than one who makes ten dollars an hour.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Number of years Kentucky has won more than seven games since 1977: 3 (1984, 2006, 2007)

Most wins since ten in 1977? 9 in 1984

Uh, they're safe.

dajbama

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2011
Has to sting, only 3.
They've upgraded and perhaps the boosters can help however, gotta be hard to sell Kentucky football and recruit.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Has to sting, only 3.
They've upgraded and perhaps the boosters can help however, gotta be hard to sell Kentucky football and recruit.
They can try and it might work for a season, but the offers will come pouring in for a ten win Kentucky HC ..... and he will be gone. Everyone knows Kentucky is SERIOUS with $$$ only in basketball.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Has to sting, only 3.
I assume the Kentucky BB HC is one of the highest paid in the country. I may be wrong 'cause I don't keep up the round ball.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If the UK football program is cheating, they are doing it wrong. Maybe bring in Freeze as a consultant.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

I have UK at 8-4.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.