News Article: Alabama in Negotiations with Miami to Open 2021 Season in Atlanta

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

For the first time in nearly three decades, it appears the University of Alabama will once again square off against the Miami Hurricanes.

Alabama is in negotiations with Miami to play in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in 2021 in the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

The two teams last met in the 1993 Sugar Bowl to conclude the 1992 season when No. 2 Alabama handed No. 1 Miami a 34-13 defeat to win the national championship. The win halted a 29-game Miami winning streak and gave the Crimson Tide its 12th national championship and first since 1979.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I love these big opening games. It's easily one of the best things about the way Saban and Bama schedule

vestamark01

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2015
I meant that I loved opening with a big game. A ton of teams open with boring games and after a long off-season I don't want to sit through a blow out vs a bad team.
I agree with all so far. Like the big game opener but hate the neural site games. I'd like the opportunity to be a visitor in a big 10, ACC, or big 12 venue and have them in our stadium too. I guess we are doomed to these games until people quit supporting then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
When I hear Miami Hurricanes, I always think how Bama was never given the proper respect for ended that (thuggish) Dynasty with that butt whooping by the media. It annoyed me that ESPN did TWO, 30 for 30s on Miami Hurricanes and not one reference to Bama whupping those guys.

Whatever, if this game happens, it should be another butt whuppin. Bama's roster for that potential game is in what grade right now? 8th, 9th grade?

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
When I hear Miami Hurricanes, I always think how Bama was never given the proper respect for ended that (thuggish) Dynasty with that butt whooping by the media. It annoyed me that ESPN did TWO, 30 for 30s on Miami Hurricanes and not one reference to Bama whupping those guys.

Whatever, if this game happens, it should be another butt whuppin. Bama's roster for that potential game is in what grade right now? 8th, 9th grade?
The SECN should do a 30 for 30 on that game...that would do some justice in my mind

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I meant that I loved opening with a big game. A ton of teams open with boring games and after a long off-season I don't want to sit through a blow out vs a bad team.
I agree a big name opener is better than a FCS or G5 team. The barn without a lake is playing the barn with a lake on September 9 after opening with Georgia Southern. Of course, with fewer big games that day, it might draw more national attention.

I understand Saban likes the neutral site games. If that is my biggest complaint about a head coach then I'm not losing any sleep over it. We have this debate every year on here about the issue and I really doubt he reads Tide Fans to get our take on it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree a big name opener is better than a FCS or G5 team. The barn without a lake is playing the barn with a lake on September 9 after opening with Georgia Southern. Of course, with fewer big games that day, it might draw more national attention.

I understand Saban likes the neutral site games. If that is my biggest complaint about a head coach then I'm not losing any sleep over it. We have this debate every year on here about the issue and I really doubt he reads Tide Fans to get our take on it.
Neutral site games are his marketing strategy on how to build our brand and it got off to a great start in '08 with Clemson. We can debate it all we want but it's not going to change with Coach Saban as our head coach and I don't think any of us would disagree with that strategy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.