ESPN's Jeff Goodman Talked to Avery Today and Shares Some Comments

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I like that lineup! I didn't get to see any of the Canada games but noticed at the open scrimmage they were pushing the ball faster much like UNC does. I like that as we will be very fast with Sexton and Petty on the floor. We should have some times we can score and score a lot. Only bad thing is can we score if 1 of the 3 goes down?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I hope this doesn't make the other 10 guys feel like they can't be "ALL SEC"
Doubtful. If players are honest with themselves, they know when another player has more talent and ability.

I like that lineup! I didn't get to see any of the Canada games but noticed at the open scrimmage they were pushing the ball faster much like UNC does. I like that as we will be very fast with Sexton and Petty on the floor. We should have some times we can score and score a lot. Only bad thing is can we score if 1 of the 3 goes down?
A healthy Petty and Sexton did fairly well in the first game of the Canada trip without Dazon. The talent level will probably be different during the season, but they still put up the points.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
The "what if" I'm scared of is Sexton or Petty going down.
Can't worry about it before it happens. Even if one of the two does go down the other will make Dazon and Braxton better. I'm excited about basketball again and I don't usually get involved before December. I'll be getting tickets to the RCC this year. I think the Big Dance is definitely achievable with this roster.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Doubtful. If players are honest with themselves, they know when another player has more talent and ability.

A healthy Petty and Sexton did fairly well in the first game of the Canada trip without Dazon. The talent level will probably be different during the season, but they still put up the points.
True, I think this team will have the ability to score consistent double-digit points from at least 7 different options. Again, its just how they come together as a team and fully buy in to what CAJ wants them to accomplish.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.