Link: Jim Harbaugh Looks to be Showing His Back Side Again - This Time with the Media

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There's zero question he's an excellent coach - I believe if he stays at Michigan they'll be in the CFP sooner rather than later.

I'm not so certain that he's a great self-promoter - I think he's just a really weird dude, honestly.
I agree. He's a very good coach. However, to tolerate his level of weirdness/quirkiness the level of winning is going to have to be worth it. The threshold for acceptance is going to have to be consistently winning conference titles and the occasional national title. Anything less and his weirdness and quirks will become unbearable. Regardless if they win 10/11 games per year. If he weren't so dang weird and quirky I think consistently winning 10/11 games per year and the occasional conference title would be enough merit keeping him long term. But they're dealing with an odd cat in Harbaugh. I'd love to see a post game handshake between he and Meyer turn into a fight at midfield. Don't put it past Harbaugh. He's that loose of a screw.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Michigan is a declining, rust-belt state. The hub of elite college football in the United States no longer spans the Great Lakes states. The greatest concentrations of the top college football talent are no longer in the industrial Midwest. The colder climate north of I-90 is not attractive to today's young athletes when so many other options abound. I could go on and on.

Harbaugh is clearly convinced that Michigan needs his continuous hype/publicity/pushing the envelope/clown show to try to level the playing field, both in his own conference (especially with Ohio State) and with the rest of the nation's top teams. And--regardless of how annoying I find his act and regardless of whether it ultimately succeeds of fails--he probably isn't wrong to try. All things being equal, I just don't see a lot of elite young athletes from Texas or Florida choosing Michigan over SEC programs, ACC programs, or even Ohio State.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Harbaugh should get permission from Meyer to show his back side since Meyer owns it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.