Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I saw that too....so true... :)
When they're mature, it's no problem at all. However, as I said, there's a period when the male is still growing that they are around the size of the female. Also, you have to know what population you're looking at. Inland, so-called "barren ground grizzlies" average at least 30% smaller than the coastal brownies, because of diet. They are really the same species. The inland bears have a little flatter profile, but they interbreed without difficulty...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My son really likes these live feeds. We checked out the other ones too. Again, thanks for posting.
I don't think the main run has really begun. When it does, the big boys will be planted all across the top of Brooks Falls, catching the salmon as they jump up. What's up now is just a couple of juveniles, fooling around...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't think the main run has really begun. When it does, the big boys will be planted all across the top of Brooks Falls, catching the salmon as they jump up. What's up now is just a couple of juveniles, fooling around...
Earle...thanks for your continued commentary - especially for those of use who have never been to Alaska or have the knowledge that you have.

Also....I love jumping down to the "community comments" section (lower right) on the page...and reading some of the comments. Those folks have names for all these bears and aside from posting their own pics and videos (screen shots I guess) some of their comments are hilarious. They even have names for the areas around the falls where the bears go..."the jacuzzi" is the area in front with all the action from the falls...the area up top is "the office".....hilarious! :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here is the link to the Brooks Falls live cam. It's empty now, but it won't be when the various salmon runs start. The different species run at different times...

LINK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That is Brooks. What I got up was Riffles, which is further downstream and not where the big boys go. I went back and checked on the timing of the salmon runs. It may be that the main runs are already over and what we're seeing now are the stragglers. BTW, are you placing your cursor by the bracket or are you just making a statement. If the latter, give it up. It's not going to change anything... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.