JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Previews 2017: Arkansas, Auburn and LSU
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
August 19th, 2017 05:00 AM

Arkansas coach Brett Bielema’s job is in some degree of peril at the moment, and this is not the time to be undergoing another rebuilding effort... Auburn will ride one of the best defenses in the nation as far as the ride will go...LSU's Ed Orgeron can recruit better than any SEC coach not named Nick Saban, so if he can hang on a couple of years until he gets some key pieces, this might actually work out.
Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I assume that you also have Arkansas losing to Alabama, which would have them at 4-8.

Thanks for doing this.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Sounds like things could go south for LSU in a hurry if they get banged up and starters miss games; especially QB. Can't figure out why LSU can't stock up on linebackers.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I assume that you also have Arkansas losing to Alabama, which would have them at 4-8.

Thanks for doing this.
Yeah, spreadsheet error on my part. Kinda weird to admit this but until this year I never used anything but pen and paper for keeping track of either the unit rankings (and the associated math ... ugh) or the schedule matrix.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Sounds like things could go south for LSU in a hurry if they get banged up and starters miss games; especially QB. Can't figure out why LSU can't stock up on linebackers.
I can't either. Especially given the surprising amount of talent the state of Louisiana puts out every year. You would think they would just stand still and absorb some of it.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
In my mind the jury is still out on Coach Ogre. His Ole Miss teams and his one interim team at USC seemed undisciplined on and off the field. I think he crashes and burns in spite of his recruiting powers.

JessN

Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
That's impressive!
Or dumb. (g)

I also hardly ever used a recorder when conducting interviews. All my own form of shorthand. You can still do it that way but recorders have become so ubiquitous now that interview subjects are shocked if you don't have them. I ended up having to carry them my last couple of years in the newspaper business not to actually use, but to just turn on and lay on a table so that the person I was talking to felt comfortable talking and not being misquoted.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Or dumb. (g)

I also hardly ever used a recorder when conducting interviews. All my own form of shorthand. You can still do it that way but recorders have become so ubiquitous now that interview subjects are shocked if you don't have them. I ended up having to carry them my last couple of years in the newspaper business not to actually use, but to just turn on and lay on a table so that the person I was talking to felt comfortable talking and not being misquoted.
I still use a typewriter. Of course if I had to write for a living I wouldn't.:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.