What Do You Want The Offense To Look Like?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
2012 offense but also include plays designed to take advantage of Jalen's running ability. I think that offense would be devastating and very difficult to defend.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
This. I would only add one thing. When Bama's offense breaks the huddle, that I want the opponent front sevens, inside their heads, to say to themselves, "Oh, crap. Here they come again. Dang, I'm tired of trying to tackle these guys. When is this going to be over?"
I want that inner soundtrack to play over and over especially in the 4th quarter.
I'll add...

Opposing MLB thinks "It's a run. No, It's a screen. No, it's a crossing pattern, No, deep. No, it's a run. No, OH, CRAP! THE PLAY JUST STARTED!"

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Balance, consistency, power and explosiveness deep, with more throws to the tight end across the middle
Yep, I looked through the responses and this is what I had in mind. Plus, bludgeoning ground game with breakaway speed, and occasional keepers so they need to spy Jalen.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Can you even imagine athletes like Hurts and these backs in that era? That; would be fun to watch.
Go look at some of the old you tube videos of us running the wishbone in the 70's. Johnny Musso IMHO was one of the best backs to play at Bama. I never saw him not give everthing he had on every play. There are more gifted athletes that played for Bama, but you wont find one who always played above his talent level.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I want an unpredictable offense. Don't know if it's a run play or pass play. Don't know who is getting the ball because the ball is distributed all over the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Something like this:

[FONT=&quot]"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow. Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped the Alabama varsity."[/FONT]

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Eh, I don't know that I really have an ideal system. The basic idea of what Saban's been going for in his time here seems fine really. I'd just like to see us be able to execute such that we can basically do whatever we want whenever we want; or, I guess, to feel like we're not having to cordon off big sections of the playbook.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
For us younguns, what does that look like?
One that, when Bama comes out half asleep for an 11:00 game and gives up 21 unanswered points in the first 8 minutes, takes a limited talented QB by the name of Gary Hollingsworth and puts up 62 unanswered points winning 62-27. As done against Ole Miss in 1989.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Go look at some of the old you tube videos of us running the wishbone in the 70's. Johnny Musso IMHO was one of the best backs to play at Bama. I never saw him not give everthing he had on every play. There are more gifted athletes that played for Bama, but you wont find one who always played above his talent level.
Don't have to look at YouTube; watched him in person and went to High School and college with Johnny. No doubt; he was gamer and great natural athlete.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.