Y'all Buying the UGA Hype?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that their defense will be very good. Their offense will not be.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think the SEC East has just been ripe for the picking the last several years, and UT has missed what should have been easy chances to make it to Atlanta. I think UGA will take advantage of the continued mediocrity in the East and get to Atlanta. I haven't completed my annual helmet schedule picks for all the SEC teams, so I do not know who plays when and where, but I would probably give UGA ten wins just based on the mediocrity of the other East teams and their returning defensive players, running backs, and QB.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
No. They're talented enough, and the East is bad enough, that a decent coaching performance should have them in the conference championship... but then they had talent last year and still finished with a middling record (and looked much worse than even their so-so record would indicate). Kirby and crew need to show something, anything, before I'll pick them to do anything notable.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There is UGA hype? I haven't heard much and I live here. The only thing I have heard is UGA could win the East, but could find 50 people and we could win the East.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Georgia seems to always to be on the brink. Maybe Kirby can get them over the hump, but since that involves at least winning the SEC champ game, I doubt it. And I don't think he can hang around until Saban retires without having won it at least once.

Once Saban retires, the other SEC coaches will have an easier time keeping their jobs and doing some real winning.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I don't think they will win the conference but I expect them to beat ND and to have a pretty good season--which by Georgia standards is 9 wins and a New Years weekend bowl somewhere in Florida.

Last edited:

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I think if Notre Dame was in the SEC East, they'd probably be battling Vandy to be the 6th best team. I think UGa beats them rather easily and sees their ranking shoot up due to the annual national over-valuing of Notre Dame.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
They are loaded with talent if you believe recruiting reports, etc. Can they win the close game in the clutch? Can Kirby play the chess game as good as Nick Saban and Jim McElwain? We will see....I'm not buying that stock just yet...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.