Freshman WR Jerry Jeudy Tweets Video of Ridiculous One-Handed Catch

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I seem to recall another freshman receiver who made super athletic catches like that...
Yeah, I remember a gif/video/pic of Julio making some ridiculous catch that we went bat-crap crazy over. (This was before the 2008 season, were hype was the only thing we had going for us.) Can't find the pic but is was of similar awe-inspiring awesome of Jeudy's catch. Man,JJ, wait a minute Jerry Jeudy, Julio Jones? Same initials....SUPASTAR. Man if he can step up and be Ridley's wing man, defense's will just quit, go home and cry to to their mama's that "Bama is being 'too mean'."

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Yeah, I remember a gif/video/pic of Julio making some ridiculous catch that we went bat-crap crazy over. (This was before the 2008 season, were hype was the only thing we had going for us.) Can't find the pic but is was of similar awe-inspiring awesome of Jeudy's catch. Man,JJ, wait a minute Jerry Jeudy, Julio Jones? Same initials....SUPASTAR. Man if he can step up and be Ridley's wing man, defense's will just quit, go home and cry to to their mama's that "Bama is being 'too mean'."
I think I remember that one...he was out leaping two other guys by a foot or so.

I think this is the one.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This one caused quite a stir when it was posted:

Attachments

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Julio was a beast, but his "hands" were not the very best when he was at Bama. He regularly dropped easy balls and consistently made some incredible catches. As a pro, he's really improved catching the ball and now he rarely drops anything that hits his hands.

IMO, Cooper and Ridley had/has better hands that Julio in college. Jeudy looks like he may have some of the stickiest hands of all of them.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The video of him taking it to the house after shoving a safety down (Rashad Johnson?) caused quite a stir because the video was leaked and the pure dominance it foretold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Julio was a beast, but his "hands" were not the very best when he was at Bama. He regularly dropped easy balls and consistently made some incredible catches. As a pro, he's really improved catching the ball and now he rarely drops anything that hits his hands.
Remember, he played a few games at Bama with broken bones in his hands. He was a very physical blocker and his hands took a beating.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Remember, he played a few games at Bama with broken bones in his hands. He was a very physical blocker and his hands took a beating.
I do remember...it's not meant as much as a swipe but an acknowledgement that it was about his only weakness as a college receiver....one that he's basically eleminated as a pro. Overall, considering his speed, agility, toughness and aggresiveness he'll be remember as one of our best!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

IMO, Cooper and Ridley had/has better hands that Julio in college. Jeudy looks like he may have some of the stickiest hands of all of them.
That's because Julio played RB for years. Amari and Ridley have solely played WR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.