Poll: Who was better Spurrier, Vince Dooley, or Dye?

Best SEC coach outside of CNS, CPB, and Urban

• Total voters

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't want to bump 600 old threads but.......my hat's off to this guy right here....INCREDIBLE....

in a post about the BCS voting down a playoff in 2008.....

Yeah I kinda thought that they would vote it down because the PAC-10 and Big Ten complaining that the SEC has an unfair advantage because of a conference championship game or some hollaballoo like that, but 2010-2014 it won't matter anymore because there is a high tide rising :BigA:
You, sir, are amazingly awesome.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And this one is an utter tragedy.......

I saw the story on ESPN and I thought Paterno was in denial. Maybe some of the charges were dropped, but there is no doubt that Penn State football players have been having some MAJOR disciple problems. He even accused the ESPN reporter of being on a "witch hunt." I like Paterno, but someone needs to nudge Joe and wake him up. To me, he seemed to be downplaying the problems.

As mentioned earlier, maybe some of the charges were dropped, but where's there's smoke, there's fire. No two ways around it, Penn State has had some major discipline problems in the last few years.

I am not trying to downplay our own problems in the last year or so. I don't like some of the off the field incidents with our football players. There's no doubt that when you have that many 18 to 22 year old young men together on a team, you are going to have off the field issues. I feel like we'll see fewer problems like this at Alabama with some of the kids CNS is recruiting.

Maybe we don't hear about it nearly as much because we are so far away from Penn State, but Alabama would have been crucified by the media had we had that many arrests over the same time frame.

Paterno seemed to me to be living in a world of rainbows and lolipops. If I were a Penn Sate fan I would have wanted to see a much stronger reaction from Paterno concerning his football players during the interview. Instead he seemed to be downplaying it to me.

As I said, I like Paterno, but I 've felt for some time that he should give it up and move on. He's done a great job at Penn State, but he should have retired four or five years ago IMO.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Funny thing is - if Calvin Hall doesn't fall down, DuBose goes 3-0 against Visor Boy.....

Which gives us this insanity...

1) DuBose 3-0 against Spurrier
2) 0-3 against La Tech and UCF
Insanity abounds when looking at some stats. For example, FCC Illinois State beat Northwestern, Northwestern beat Pitt, Pitt beat Clemson -- therefore Illinois State is better than the National Champion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.