Presenting the "Jeremiah" Awards To Prophetic Postings

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Not good enough to earn me a "Jeremiah", but back in April 2011 I predicted Trent Richardson would have a record-breaking season and would become Alabama's version of Reggie Bush in terms of all-purpose yards. Also that he would be a Heisman finalist because of this.

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134945&highlight=

I think that the emergence of Marquis Maze as a threat at kick returner kept TR from achieving what I predicted. TR was a true weapon in the passing game, though, with 29 receptions (3rd on the team) for 338 yards (3rd on the team) and 3 TDs (2nd on the team). Fun fact: TR was the only player on the 2011 squad to record a reception in every game that season.

Anyhow...carry on.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I predict that several posters will have negative posts in the game thread on Saturday. Most will get a vacation from Tidefans.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Alasippi wins one!!!

I'll say when Tebow leaves, Meyer heads to Notre Dame, and Bama takes total control of the SEC.

He got two out of three, and give the man some credit........he foresaw Meyer leaving Florida for up north, even if he missed by a few hundred miles to the east.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We have another winner....

I believe that 2010 Alabama will surpass Florida, but right now I absolutely agree with him. They've won 2 of the last 3 MNCs. And are the favorite this year. I guarantee you that when Alabama wins the NC 2 out of 3 years I'm going to tell everybody that will listen that we are the best thing going.
1) Although one can argue and quibble over the dates, this is FAIR - technically, although we did beat UF in December 2009, we didn't win the title until 2010, and it was the 2010 game against UF that totally dismantled what was left.

2) 2 out of 3 years....2009 and 2011 qualifies......good call!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Relayer wins the belt!!!!!

Getting beyond all the... we don't want it... we don't need it... hope not... we want championships... it means nothing... team might implode if a Bama player won it... etc, etc, etc...

I will say yes, a Bama player will win a Heisman. And he will be a fine example of a Bama man and we win a national championship that year.

It will also help future recruiting and Coach Saban will insure that he continues to recruit the type of players that Bama can and will be proud of.
GOOD call......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Sip wins a second title......from July 31, 2009......

I think we'll win it this year and compete for it every year hereafter.

The talent is in place, the depth is finally in place, great prospects coming in every year, and, the biggest factor.........look who's coaching them.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Sip wins a second title......from July 31, 2009......
Thank you Selma. I've had my ups and downs but I love this place. There's no better website for Tide football on the planet. I'll say this lol...your post pleased "some folks"...and "totally ticked off " a bunch of others :), but I appreciate the project you've undertaken. It's interesting but tedious I'm sure. I've gotten lucky a few times, but there's a ton of great posters and predictors on here that are just as good or better than me! Thanks though.
I do appreciate it! :)
sip

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We have another winner.....and boy was he right....

An LSU homer came here and posted a thread with the title, "Where Will Saban Be In 5 or 10 Years" and we got this gem of prophecy, albeit likely kidding:

He'll be sitting in the University of Alabama football complex game-planning on how to beat LSU for the sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth or 10th year in a row.
Roll Tide!!!

Specific enough for me. Congrats.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
It wasn’t on this board, but I’ll give a shoutout to an old friend of mine. A big Barner as a matter of fact. I talked to him the day that Saban was hired. He said that Saban could win a championship at Prairie View A&M with enough time, and he knew that putting a school like Alabama in his hands was bad news for the rest of the conference. He made the comment then that Auburn’s run of dominance was going to come to an end very soon and that Saban would win a championship within 4 years. Considering that was said before Saban ever ran a practice at the Capstone, that has always impressed me. (Especially from a Barn grad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Do you have an award for the biggest WRONG prediction? Just thought you could hand out many of those to all the aubs who said many times Chizik would dominate nick and win many more titles, oh and they said the same about gus. They should all get somekind of MISSED IT HUGE award lol

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
No snide comments (it's NS stuff) but we DO have an award winner here.....

I believe he would absolutely win against HRC.
He started the thread right around the time we were beating Clemson in round one.

Ya gotta tip your hat to that one.

(Reminder - NO political comments!!! This is an award).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.