Presenting the "Jeremiah" Awards To Prophetic Postings

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is a new thread and reward (kinda like the title belt) that I'm going to be presenting as I comb through some of the old threads. If your post appears here from a previous link, you win a Jeremiah. This is named after the biblical prophet Jeremiah, who never got anything wrong or - if you're not into that kinda thing - it's named after Jeremiah Castille, a little dude who was one of my favorite players, and whose prescience (which is what this is based upon) saved the 1987 AFC Championship for the Denver Broncos, as he stripped Earnest Byner on the attempted tying touchdown.

(I'll link the ones I've put elsewhere in the next few days).

Caveat: if your prediction was due to 'inside information' (such as Tide-HSV knowing Tubs was leaving Ole Miss driven by Stan the Caddy rather than in a pine box), you don't get one!!!!!

RULES

1) Prediction must be at least a year ago.
2) If it was fulfilled to the letter you get a Jeremiah.
3) If it was a strong suggestion that was followed and shows incredible wisdom in the outcome - you get 1/2 of a Jeremiah (this is my version of the 1/2 sack).
4) Predicting Alabama will beat team X is NOT eligible for the award, either, unless you predicted Alabama would win a specific year national title at least one year in advance).

All judgments are mine and mine alone. I HOPE we can have a bit of fun with this.

This first poster gets 1/2 of a Jeremiah, and his name is Wylie Texas Tider, who strongly suggested Clemson should hire Dabo Swinney over Bobby Johnson

I agree with Johnson possibly being choice #1 but, if Dabo does well why not give him a chance? I bet he would relate with the players well and you always hear good things about his coaching. If he does really well he could "come home" when Saban retires in 15 years with multiple NC's.

More to come.....

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I accept nominations with evidence.
I'll have to dig around for the evidence, but there was a prediction about a record number of sacks. I believe it was before the 2015 season, and I believe the predictor actually called it that there would be 50. It was 52 that year. A very worthy prediction given past Saban teams had played to contain the QB rather than sack him.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
I predict Ole Miss will be on probation this time next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Do I get any credit for insisting against stiff opposition that Saban was coming? :D
Did you say this prior to the 2006 season?

(I did see some stuff that vindicates your basic point here but from the coaching search time frame; that's a tad too easy).

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I picked UF to go 11-1 in 2012. Should be in one of the prediction threads. Doubt if even Bazza picked them to win more than 8 or 9.

Defense still won in the SEC in 2012. UF was not only returning all 11 starters on defense, they were returning all 11 back-ups on defense. Unprecedented!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.