On This Day in 2007 - SI Cover "Raising Alabama"

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Best ten years of bama football ever, bar none. I hope we all really savor this time, it will never happen again.

BumpndNite

Dec 6, 2016
I remember thinking that I'd be happy just to have Bama back in the discussion. I never envisioned a run like the one we've seen. Paul Finebaum stated that Mal Moore had "hit one out of the park" when he brought Saban to Tuscaloosa. I was a little skeptical. I knew that Saban had built LSU into a contender in three years, but had absolutely no idea how good of a coach we were getting.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Best ten years of bama football ever, bar none. I hope we all really savor this time, it will never happen again.
the 1970s was always the "Bama Decade"...until now

I have this SI somewhere. We had no clue what was to come...we had hopes...but I think the only people who thought we would be this good were 8 year old kids who think Alabama could beat the Patriots 10 times out of 10.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
the 1970s was always the "Bama Decade"...until now

I have this SI somewhere. We had no clue what was to come...we had hopes...but I think the only people who thought we would be this good were 8 year old kids who think Alabama could beat the Patriots 10 times out of 10.

I truly believe if Saban decides to stick around another 5 years and wins 1 or maybe 2 more NC, this will be become THE DECADE not just in Alabama football history but in College Football history period. what's happening right in front of our eyes is utterly remarkable. I am still pinching myself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.