2 Alabama veteran defensive backs pushing for starting jobs

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Interesting read

Senior Hootie Jones appears to be in the lead for the Tide's fifth defensive back spot and redshirt senior Levi Wallace is competing with Trevon Diggs for Alabama's left cornerback job.
I wonder if Tony Brown is falling behind on the depth chart? I haven't heard much about Tony lately.

Digg and Wallace should be real interesting. I expect both to play in FSU game. I don't think the position will be settled for a while. I'm thinking we'll lock it up before SEC Play.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I knew Wallace was pretty good off the bench. I didn't know he was pushing Diggs that close. I guess it's good that we have a number of guys who can play though. It's hard to believe hootie is a senior

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This article has some stuff on Hootie Jones. He's been a good player for us. Click Here

I'm a fan of Levi Wallace and his story but this is a little concerning for Diggs IMO.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This article has some stuff on Hootie Jones. He's been a good player for us. Click Here

I'm a fan of Levi Wallace and his story but this is a little concerning for Diggs IMO.
I don't think it's necessary a bad thing for Diggs though. If Wallace starts, then Diggs will use this year to get better in reserve role and primed to start next year. I still think both will play a lot this year. I also expect Carter to play as well.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think it's necessary a bad thing for Diggs though. If Wallace starts, then Diggs will use this year to get better in reserve role and primed to start next year. I still think both will play a lot this year. I also expect Carter to play as well.
True. I worded that poorly. I really meant its a little concerning for the CB2 spot for this year. Long term it could be great for Diggs.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Wallace pushing or even passing Diggs only makes us better and deeper at CB imo..

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Interesting read

I wonder if Tony Brown is falling behind on the depth chart? I haven't heard much about Tony lately.

Digg and Wallace should be real interesting. I expect both to play in FSU game. I don't think the position will be settled for a while. I'm thinking we'll lock it up before SEC Play.
The "leaked" depth chart had TB at nickel, but who knows. I think it's likely that ALL these guys are pretty good and versatile, so the coaches have been using camp to get some guys cross trained on different roles in case they are needed later due to injury, or that moving some guys could give us a better matchup in a particular game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.