2017 Week 1 Game Week Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conference Updates, etc.)

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I just heard on the radio that Jimbo Fisher is 9-1 vs the SEC. I find it funny that they failed to mention 7 of the 10 games they have played are against Florida.
Jim-blo Fulmer vs. the SEC:
2010 - Beat Unranked Florida and #20 USCe (9-5)
2011 - Beat unranked Florida
2012 - LOST to #4 UF
2013 - Beat unranked UF & #2 aubarn
2014 - Beat unranked UF
2015 - Beat #12 UF (10-4)
2016 - Beat #11 Old .... (finished the year 5-7 & unranked) & #15 UF (9-4)

Record vs. "the SEC" - 9-1
vs. SEC teams who aren't Florida -3-0
vs. ranked SEC teams 5-1

Basically, UF has been a mostly poor team, most of the time Jim-blo has been at FRU. He's owned them, to be sure - but in most cases he has beaten pretty bad UF teams.
He pulled off a comeback against Old .... last September, but Old .... also fell apart after we played them two weeks later, and finished the year 5-7 (2-6).

SO - basically, he's played only TWO "Marquee" games against highly ranked SEC teams - FRU was ranked #10 in 2012 when he lost to #4 UF; Then he beat aubarn in 2013 - their "Miracle" "Fluke" year when they should have lost to both UGa and UA - and even then, with a #1 ranking, an undefeated season, and a Heisman winner "Freak" of a QB; it still took a late score to pull out the win against an opponent who really had no business being in the Championship game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Me too. If it did, would that indicate a rather fragile psyche?
Don't think it affects both of them. This is good competition for both of them, force them to get better. We want both of them to get lot of reps as possible because behind them we don't have lot of experience at Secondary.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
2012 - LOST to #4 UF
2014 - Beat unranked UF

vs. ranked SEC teams 5-1

Basically, UF has been a mostly poor team, most of the time Jim-blo has been at FRU. He's owned them, to be sure - but in most cases he has beaten pretty bad UF teams.
He pulled off a comeback against Old .... last September, but Old .... also fell apart after we played them two weeks later, and finished the year 5-7 (2-6).

SO - basically, he's played only TWO "Marquee" games against highly ranked SEC teams - FRU was ranked #10 in 2012 when he lost to #4 UF; Then he beat aubarn in 2013 - their "Miracle" "Fluke" year when they should have lost to both UGa and UA - and even then, with a #1 ranking, an undefeated season, and a Heisman winner "Freak" of a QB; it still took a late score to pull out the win against an opponent who really had no business being in the Championship game.
Good post. Imagine if FSU had played LSU or Bama every year since 2010. His record would probably be 1-9 instead of 9-1 lol

2012 - LOST to #4 UF
2014 - Beat unranked UF

vs. ranked SEC teams 5-1

That's typical of the ACC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I maybe totally wrong, but I have had the feeling all week that he was at practice after open viewing period. No info what so ever, just a feeling. Well, at least we know he can walk!
Saban said that he hasn't practiced all week.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
2 fun stats about Alabama under Nick Saban.

1. Saban has never lost a game by more than 14 points at Alabama

2. Since 2008 Alabama has been held to fewer than 2 TDs only 3 times. 2 of those 3 games were wins(and we all know that we really won the 3rd one because Michael Williams caught the ball and was down by contact)

EDIT:I meant to post this in the score prediction thread but I guess its still relevant here.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.