2018 Prospect: RB Harold Joiner (Mountain Brook)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
After reading that article, he would be a better fit elsewhere... :cool2:

(It sounds like he has a handler.)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Wonder what the key thing(s) he`s looking for might be and what it is that apparently makes him think that LSU and MSU can do a better job of providing? Is the RB thing the key?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wonder what the key thing(s) he`s looking for might be and what it is that apparently makes him think that LSU and MSU can do a better job of providing? Is the RB thing the key?
He wants to be a RB and still not sure he is over us originally recruiting him as an athlete. One thing in our favor is many kids from Mountain Brook go to Bama so he will know a lot of people.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
He wants to be a RB and still not sure he is over us originally recruiting him as an athlete. One thing in our favor is many kids from Mountain Brook go to Bama so he will know a lot of people.
How is that a bad thing...? :cool2:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
It might be that he interprets that as a denigration of his skills as an RB (?). If what TJ says is accurate, he obviously considers " athlete" as a lesser status than " running back ". A bit of pride in play, perhaps?
Most likely. He does have some work to do to develop into a D1 RB. Runs upright and well below his size, from what I've heard.

He's a hell of an athlete though. I think we wanted him as a flex TE/WR. He could turn into a great player at the position if he keeps growing. Almost like OJ Howard.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Most likely. He does have some work to do to develop into a D1 RB. Runs upright and well below his size, from what I've heard.

He's a hell of an athlete though. I think we wanted him as a flex TE/WR. He could turn into a great play at the position if he keeps growing. Almost like OJ Howard.
Yep, how soon does he want to see the field? He`s young and may not realize ( or want to accept ) that his greatest asset is his athleticism. Also, he might be getting some bad advice.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It might be that he interprets that as a denigration of his skills as an RB (?). If what TJ says is accurate, he obviously considers " athlete" as a lesser status than " running back ". A bit of pride in play, perhaps?
This is what I meant and it is his pride. From what I took from that article he wants to be a college RB and it appears we originally told him we wanted him for other positions possibly. He was obviously behind Martin and Pierce, the kid that de-committed and flipped to FLA, on our RB board.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He committed to Auburn it seems, another player who Alabama thought was a better fit at another position going to Auburn to play running back, a la Kerryon Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He committed to Auburn it seems, another player who Alabama thought was a better fit at another position going to Auburn to play running back, a la Kerryon Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think that's the only reason Joiner isn't at Bama. He didn't have a committable offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.