Link: Rating SEC Stadium Experiences

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I've visited a fair amount of the SEC stadiums. Miss. St. was the worst I've experienced so far. Cowbells. Gave me a migraine.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I have only been to Tiger Stadium and Bryant Denny so I can't speak on the others. Despite how loud and rowdy Tiger Stadium can get I still haven't heard anything louder than the roar after Mount Cody blocked that 2nd kick. Greatest sports experience of my life including the one NCG and one playoff game I attended.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
The article is written from the perspective of the sports writers...so they rate each stadium in terms of atmosphere and fans...but they also rate their own experiences. One of their biggest complaints across the board is that it is very difficult to get from the press box to the field and locker rooms. I can imagine that is frustrating.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
BDS was literally shaking that day...It was awesome!!!
I have only been to Tiger Stadium and Bryant Denny so I can't speak on the others. Despite how loud and rowdy Tiger Stadium can get I still haven't heard anything louder than the roar after Mount Cody blocked that 2nd kick. Greatest sports experience of my life including the one NCG and one playoff game I attended.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I always take Bama out of this argument due to my bias.

If we are talking just about campus and stadiums:

1. LSU
2. Auburn
3. Ole Miss
4. Mizzou

But if we are talking about overall experience (fans, better/worse expectations, etc)

1. LSU- can't believe how cool LSU fans are down there. Every true college football fan should go there for a night game atleast once

2. Mizzou- Columbia is a nice town, and the fans are generally the older classy type. The stadium could really use an upgrade. It's more or less kinda what most say what Vandy is

3. Auburn- I kinda feel that the stadium really looks odd with that huge scoreboard on one side and the legion field like scoreboard on the other. I went in '15 and the fans were still all up in my face despite them having a bad year. And trying to get out of there after the game is a real pain.

4. Ole Miss- out of all of them this is probably the one I'll never do again. The stadium has a nice field, but that's where the positives end for me. The grove is kinda overrated to me. I honestly think the quad is way better. I also had a real bad experience with their fans.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Neyland Stadium is a dump. Florida is not bad. USCe is very good. Vanderbilt blows.
USCe is a good stadium. At Neyland Stadium I always feel like I need an extra seat so that both cheeks of my rear end is in a seat. Their seating feels like it was made for a small girl.
I am neither small nor a girl, so I can attest that it's not big guy friendly... But then most stadium seating is shrinking these days.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.