BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Bama 20-17
I just feel it will be a very close game
▲ This ▲ :biga:
BUT wouldn't be surprised with any score, this being the 1st game of the season, with two teams fairly evenly matched!
Would feel better if Davis & Jacobs were playing! Don't see either team going over 24 pts.
This won't be a track meet like Ole Miss & FSU last year [45-34 FSU]!
That game was also like a home game for FSU, being in Orlando!
Oh I almost forgot they also had big-mouth Winston to spur them on [They ain't got the BEST RB in the Nation this year!]!
If we had truly HEALTHY RB's I wouldn't be as worried but Jacobs being questionable and Bo coming back from a broken leg just leaves :conf3:'s
Hurts is still a work in progress, even though no-one wants to hear that!

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Would feel better if Davis & Jacobs were playing! Don't see either team going over 24 pts.
This for me. My overwhelming feeling is that they key matchup is our DL against their OL. With Davis' status unknown and a much thinner DL this year, I do have some concerns. I think the game is a toss up and the winner of the OL/DL matchup will win the game. I was more confident before but with Davis' injury/wound/whatever, that has me more concerned.

This for me. My overwhelming feeling is that they key matchup is our DL against their OL. With Davis' status unknown and a much thinner DL this year, I do have some concerns. I think the game is a toss up and the winner of the OL/DL matchup will win the game. I was more confident before but with Davis' injury/wound/whatever, that has me more concerned.
Davis plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
FSU 29
Bama 30

Brett's anxiety level: 10
I'm nervous too. I've waited as long as possible to make my pick.

I think it's going to be a dogfight nail biter. I'm thinking it's something like 23-20 Bama with 3 mins left and FSU starts driving and we are getting REAL nervous again....

Then Francois gets greedy and Minkah snatches a Pick 6 to Ice it!!!

Bama 30 - FSU 20 - A LOT closer game than the final score.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
The game won't be close. We're a much better team than FSU. They have 2 guys that would start here (James & McFadden). 1-22, they match up well. I feel more confident in our 23-85 than I do theirs. That's the difference. Give me 45-10 Bama.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I don't get the hype for FSU or McFadden. He played in two games and stats weren't that great. I'd rather have Minkah than 3 of him. I say 34-13.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The game won't be close. We're a much better team than FSU. They have 2 guys that would start here (James & McFadden). 1-22, they match up well. I feel more confident in our 23-85 than I do theirs. That's the difference. Give me 45-10 Bama.
Gosh I hope you're right Mack. I'm more nervous because the D will have so many new starters and that Francois kid is TOUGH. He will not get rattled no matter how many licks he takes.

Their secondary is really good too....and we still need to see if we can effectively pass.

I think we win....but CLOSE.

Again though....I hope you're right.....my nerves are ramping up right now. Lol.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gosh I hope you're right Mack. I'm more nervous because the D will have so many new starters and that Francois kid is TOUGH. He will not get rattled no matter how many licks he takes.

Their secondary is really good too....and we still need to see if we can effectively pass.

I think we win....but CLOSE.

Again though....I hope you're right.....my nerves are ramping up right now. Lol.
I keep hearing that and here's what I come up with on the guys that are listed as starters:

Payne & Minkah - have started every game since freshman year.
Ronnie Harrison - just about the same
Averrette - Started every game last year
Shaun Dion Hamilton - started every regular season game last year and knew the playbook so well that he didn't take reps with the 1s during fall camp last year. He stood aside and let Evans get up to speed at MLB in the event that he got hurt, which he did in the SECCG
Evans - Been playing in spots for 3 years, the last of which he wound up having to start when SDH tore the knee up
Brown & Hootie - Been playing in spots for the past 3-4 years
Jennings & Miller - played a LOT more than people realize last year. Go back and watch the film. We won't miss a beat.
Hand has been playing in spots for 3 years also.

The only guys that I'm remotely concerned about are Buggs & Raekwon Davis. And that's only because of Buggs endurance and Davis's condition after getting his zipper grazed by a bullet.

Beyond that....expect much of what you've seen. I just don't buy the narrative of our defense being so new and having all these new players. These are familiar faces with a lot of time under their belts. That's the benefit of 1)playing as many snaps as we played in games like the Clemson, Arkansas, and Ole Miss games last year and 2) blowout wins.

Oh...Quinnen Williams....remember the name.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It just feels or seems like for the most part the front 7 is going from being 'Robin' to 'Batman'. From playing meaningful situational snaps to being legit starters and leaders. Plus who's going to be the 'Alpha' up there? I'm hoping it's SDH and Evans.

The secondary for sure is the most experienced and I do feel good about them. AA covers better than any of our guys....he's a blanket. Harrison is a fast hard hitter who plays with a ton of 'spirit' and Minkah is just a STUD....he might be our best overall player right now.....put him anywhere and he's an All-American. I'm only nervous about how the Diggs, Brown, Hootie situation settles.

But everything you said is 100% right. I'm just always nervous/wary of our Openers just because of the 'unknown'.....yet we mostly blast everybody to start the season anyway:biggrin:

I keep hearing that and here's what I come up with on the guys that are listed as starters:

Payne & Minkah - have started every game since freshman year.
Ronnie Harrison - just about the same
Averrette - Started every game last year
Shaun Dion Hamilton - started every regular season game last year and knew the playbook so well that he didn't take reps with the 1s during fall camp last year. He stood aside and let Evans get up to speed at MLB in the event that he got hurt, which he did in the SECCG
Evans - Been playing in spots for 3 years, the last of which he wound up having to start when SDH tore the knee up
Brown & Hootie - Been playing in spots for the past 3-4 years
Jennings & Miller - played a LOT more than people realize last year. Go back and watch the film. We won't miss a beat.
Hand has been playing in spots for 3 years also.

The only guys that I'm remotely concerned about are Buggs & Raekwon Davis. And that's only because of Buggs endurance and Davis's condition after getting his zipper grazed by a bullet.

Beyond that....expect much of what you've seen. I just don't buy the narrative of our defense being so new and having all these new players. These are familiar faces with a lot of time under their belts. That's the benefit of 1)playing as many snaps as we played in games like the Clemson, Arkansas, and Ole Miss games last year and 2) blowout wins.

Oh...Quinnen Williams....remember the name.
That's a lot of confidence. I am kinda with you though. These guys have been playing a lot of football. I remember Miller being out there as well. We will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.