Your 3 Keys to Saturday

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Mine...

1) Alabama's Dline vs the fsu Oline - fsu was 106th in the nation in sacks allowed last year, and Frenchy was pounded many times he was not sacked. Having your offensive line as a question mark going into an openenr with Alabama is not a good recipe for success. Can the new front 7 continue taking advantage of the fsu offensive front, as so many teams did last year. And can our new defensive line hold firm vs the run? If so - Beware Noles...

2) Jalen Hurts and this talented receiving corp vs an outstanding fsu secondary.Can the Bama receivers get separation, and will Jalen be better at delivering the ball on time and in tighter windows than he was last year? Also, will we see Bama use the Tight End more in a downfield / down the seam role? If Jalen and the receivers are productive Saturday - Future Opponents Beware...

3) Win the punting battle - Last year JK averaged a full 7 yards more per punt than Tyler at fsu. However, Bama coverage was not always great, and I believe we gave up an average return of over 10 yards. With JK primed for a big finale, if Bama can improve a bit on coverage, we should be able to gain about 10 yards per punt exchange. IF this starts as a defensive struggle, this type field position gain should quickly pay off with points.

What Say Ye?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
1) Establish the run but demonstrate that we can pass effectively when needed.

2) Stop the big passes from Francois.

3) Avoid turnovers.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
1. Everyone is saying it because it's true. Bama DL vs FSU OL if we can stop the run and pressure the QB this game should be ours.

2. FSU DL vs Bama OL/Running game. If we can do the above AND run the ball consistently then this game is over and it could become a blowout.

3. Jalen vs Turnovers. Assuming we can do 1 or both of the above then the biggest threat becomes turnovers. Jalen shouldn't be counted on to win this one (again assuming we accomplish the above) but he can't lose it. That means he can't put the ball on the ground and throw INTs.

1 and 2 are the most important for us IMO. It's often overstated but the trenches are how you win these kind of games.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Mine...

1) Alabama's Dline vs the fsu Oline - fsu was 106th in the nation in sacks allowed last year, and Frenchy was pounded many times he was not sacked. Having your offensive line as a question mark going into an openenr with Alabama is not a good recipe for success. Can the new front 7 continue taking advantage of the fsu offensive front, as so many teams did last year. And can our new defensive line hold firm vs the run? If so - Beware Noles...

2) Jalen Hurts and this talented receiving corp vs an outstanding fsu secondary.Can the Bama receivers get separation, and will Jalen be better at delivering the ball on time and in tighter windows than he was last year? Also, will we see Bama use the Tight End more in a downfield / down the seam role? If Jalen and the receivers are productive Saturday - Future Opponents Beware...

3) Win the punting battle - Last year JK averaged a full 7 yards more per punt than Tyler at fsu. However, Bama coverage was not always great, and I believe we gave up an average return of over 10 yards. With JK primed for a big finale, if Bama can improve a bit on coverage, we should be able to gain about 10 yards per punt exchange. IF this starts as a defensive struggle, this type field position gain should quickly pay off with points.

What Say Ye?

I agree with all 3 as being major keys, but I would replace 3 with whoever our placekicker is going to be. I really hope this game does not come down to a field goal...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Turnovers: get some, avoid them
Deep ball, catch some, defend some
3rd downs, make some, stop some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I agree with all 3 as being major keys, but I would replace 3 with whoever our placekicker is going to be. I really hope this game does not come down to a field goal...
You know, I almost replaced my #3 with - show we can consistently hit FGs from the 40 and in. I went with JK because he is a known commodity, and is going directly against an fsu weakness, if this becomes a punt exchange type game

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
2. FSU DL vs Bama OL/Running game. If we can do the above AND run the ball consistently then this game is over and it could become a blowout.

1 and 2 are the most important for us IMO. It's often overstated but the trenches are how you win these kind of games.

This!. If we get back to controlling game clock play and wearing our opponent down, this basically all we will need to win this game.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
1. Win 3rd downs on both O and D

2. Pressure and affect their QB

3. Complete a few passes down the field, make them respect that

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
1. Score more points. I think we'll have a good chance to win if we do that.
2. Keep FSU from scoring. This will go a long way towards winning.
3. Make sure Lee Corso picks FSU to win
(he will).

Seriously
1. LOS - win it on both sides.
2. Turnovers - avoid them on offense and force them on defense
3. Win the kicking game.

"The same things win that always won. We just have a bunch of difference excuses when we lose." -Coach Bryant.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Mine...

What Say Ye?
I think that says it as well as I could except I would just say the kicking game overall with number three. I'm hoping our D-line absolutely owns their O-line, which should make the other factors less important.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
1. Pressure Francois with only 3-4 rushers. IOW, win the matchup of our DL vs. their OL.

2. Keep FSU's safeties off run support by making them respect the threat of the 5-10 yard pass, probably to TEs or RBs. IOW, Jalen's accuracy is improved at least enough that FSU can't ignore the threat.

3. No mental errors -- stupid penalties, stupid turnovers, blown assignments of whatever description. Make FSU earn every inch of ground and every point.

If we do all three, we win easily. If not, well, we're talking damage control and anything can happen.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
1. Everyone's already said it but the key to the game for me is the Bama front 7 against the Florida State O-Line. If we can dominate that (and I think we can) I think our chances are very good.

2. Clean game from Hurts. No turnovers.

3. Make a few big plays late to pull away.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think the D will do a satisfactory job on Saturday so my 3 keys are all on offense.

1. Run the ball effectively
2. Improved passing from Hurts
3. Avoid turnovers

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Our success will depend on how well we can run the football, avoid key injuries and win the turnover battle.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Balance attack, sack the QB, no one runs on us a lot. Last "NOT" non offensive TDs, that kills a team when your special teams and defense scores too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.