Game Thread: Auburn vs Georgia Southern

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
More than formidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
We have a lot of work to do. You could tell this was a vanilla offense, but the execution needs work.

We definitely need Pettway back. We ran for a lot of yards, but that was a deceptive stat. Kerryon and Martin looked like they were trying to run on wet concrete between the tackles and we didn't wear their d-line down like we should have. We need to have another heavy hitter back there, so expect more of Malik.

Receivers weren't getting open consistently and had a couple of bad drops. I did see a ton of crossing routes and that's a big plus. KD being back will be a big help.

Stidham's throws were generally good, with one notable exception being the one he forced in a third down situation, resulting in a pick. Good and mobile too. He looked gun-shy though. Needs to get those throws away.

O-line looked only OK, but Darius James was a major weakpoint at RT. There was a bad missed assignments in pass pro, probably by one of the RBs missing a read, that resulted in GSU's only points on a scoop and score.

Defensively.

Can't tell you much about the secondary. Not tested.

Very happy with the front 7. They swarmed like crazy and were very disciplined in their assignments. A must against GSU'S triple option offense, which practically always runs for yardage effectively, even against top flight competition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.