Are there not enough accountants in the US that Illinois has to import Indians?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Seriously. I'm going through a sales tax audit at work with the state of Illinois and the dude is straight up "hello this is Rajesh" Indian. How the hell does that happen? Do we need to issue more H1B visas for accountants too?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Seriously. I'm going through a sales tax audit at work with the state of Illinois and the dude is straight up "hello this is Rajesh" Indian. How the hell does that happen? Do we need to issue more H1B visas for accountants too?
my bet is that they outsource to one of the big 5 accounting firms, who then in turn outsource to one of the big Indian consulting shops. I'd guess you weren't even talking to someone in America

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
my bet is that they outsource to one of the big 5 accounting firms, who then in turn outsource to one of the big Indian consulting shops. I'd guess you weren't even talking to someone in America
I met the dude. He's based in Houston and came by the office. Don't ask me to pronounce his name.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I have heard talk of this for years. Bring in skilled and engineering positions to basically lower the pay scale for these positions. Haven't heard accountants but would not surprise me at all.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
No count accountants, 'Merica outsourcing everything down to personal pride and patriotism these days, it seems

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.